WP Smush still leaving images large

WP Smush still leaving images large.

We are currently working with our theme developer to find out why our website response time is so slow.

Attached is their response.

Can you please assist?

Many thanks.
Bob

• Sajid

Hi Robert,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

By default WP Smush does not optimize all images. First it smush WordPress thumbnail images by leaving the original images. Because most theme authors use the thumbnail cropped images on frontend according to requirements.

It seems your theme developer is using the original/full images instead of thumbnails. Either ask him to use thumbnails where applicable.

Or enable Include my original full-size images from Admin -> Media -> WP Smush.

If you enable smushing original images then make sure you also enable Make a copy of my original images to take backup of your images in case you don't like the results.

Lastly, this is a public forum and I would recommend you not post any private conversation specially that includes payment details here.

Take care and have a nice day.

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• Robert

Thanks for the info.

When I look at:

Include my original full-size images
    WordPress crops and resizes every image you upload for embedding on your site. By default, Smush only compresses these cropped and resized images, not your original full-size images. To save space on your server, activate this setting to smush your original images, too. Note: This doesn’t usually improve page speed.

It says it doesn't usually improve page speed.

Any other ideas to reduce response time on the website? We've got customers complaining.

Thanks again.

• Nastia

Hello Robert , I hope all is well!

Based on the PingDom tools test, you can see the results here, the Leverage browser caching need to be improved.

You can activate the Leverage browser caching with the Hummingbird plugin. The plugin also provides page-speed analytics and suggestions to improve loading speed.

Along with Hummingbird, install a cache plugin, to speed up WordPress. Most popular cache plugins are W3 Total Cache, WP Super Cache and WP Fastest Cache.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.