wp smush taps out at 5000 images

Hi There,

I'm loving WP Smush Pro. However when I run it on my sites they consistently 'stop' at 5000 images. I have a multisite install, here are the two sites that have both stopped at 5000: freebooksy.com and bargainbooksy.com.

Here's a screenshot of what I see after I've already smashed all my images: https://www.evernote.com/l/AAfb73LoTxFPGa8G1hLPv5dpQASgnILoCPA

Any ideas?

• Dimitris

Hey there Ferol,

hope you're doing good and thanks for reaching us!

This negative number (-22) is very weird and haven't noticed anything similar until now...

Could it be possible to conduct a full theme/plugin conflict test as described in a nice flow chart here?
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/ (just scroll down a bit to see the image)
    I'm asking if it's possible as if this is a live website with traffic then you may have to activate a "maintenance" or "under construction" plugin as the theme/plugin deactivation will mess up the current state of your frontend.

If this is forbidden for any reason, then some debugging may reveal some valuable information to us. Could you please access your server through FTP, edit the wp-config.php file, find a line like
    define('WP_DEBUG', false);
    and replace it with the following (if the above line doesn’t exist, simply insert next snippet just above the /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */ comment)

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    // Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
    // Disable display of errors and warnings
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    @ini_set('display_errors', 0);

Then go ahead and try to replicate the error by bulk smushing your images. By doing so, a /wp-content/debug.log file should be created. Simply download it, rename it to debug.txt and attach it here in your next reply.
    If the file size of debug.txt exceeds the 5MB, then please use a service like Dropbox or Google Drive and post the shareable link instead.

Looking forward for your results!
    Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Dimitris

Hey there Ferol,

hope you're doing good today!

You could use our safe contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ using this template:

Subject: "Attn: Dimitris"
    - your debug file (if this is too big to attach, prefer a 3rd party service like Dropbox and post the shareable link)
    - link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Dimitris

Hey there Ferol,

hope you're doing good and excuse my late reply on this.

I just inspected your debug log file and I can only spot two kind of errors:
    1. some fatal errors considering espresso-ticketing plugin and
    2. some permission denied errors on mailchimp-for-wp plugin

Could you please try to deactivate these two and give your bulk smush another shot?

I look forward for your feedback!
    Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Dimitris

Hey there Ferol,

hope you're doing good today!

I would have been more cautious with these plugins at the moment, the ones which produce errors that most likely will be there even after Smush deletion, as there isn't any specific connection with the WP Smush issue and these may also lead to even more conflicts with other stuff, if not breaking themselves.

Confirming that this plugin deactivation is enough for Smush to resolve to normal state, and clearing out the debug log from fatal errors, will narrow things down for us and some plugin replacements should be your next goal.

As this is a live site though, you may have to consider creating a staging environment, meaning a exact copy of the site in the same server under a different location/folder, so you can use for further testing. You can also contact your hosting provider for some advise on this as they may provide a tool or some extended guidance.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris