wp_m_membership_relationships: Is User Dropped from Table at Expiration?

Is the entry for a user in the wp_m_membership_relationships table removed when the subscription expires or is the entry left in the table with an expired date?

• pianoman
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks Paul,

I am building a membership site to provide training and trade signals to currency and other commodity traders as part of a partnership with a fund manager.

I am providing signals through separate database tables and XML to a Windows based trading platform. We are using the Membership module to control both access to our web pages and access to the signals from the trading platform.

I use fields in other custom tables, e.g. account numbers, in conjunction with membership tables to control client access.

Our current Beta test group is grandfathered into our system for life but new subscribers have to be blocked from receiving signals at expiration. I already have code in place that allows signals to be received but am just trying to understand the entire flow of membership processing so I don’t miss something.

My assumption currently is that I need to check both whether an entry exists in the table as well as expiration dates to ensure that individuals do not receive signals after subscription expiration.

I am also adding session management capabilities to control the number of sessions that can be opened by a member within a fixed timeframe. This is a feature that I would love to see built in to Membership. I think many membership sites want some system to prevent login/password sharing. What I am building does not modify membership files but is being built outside of the membership module.

I am not modifying any Membership files or database structures and should only be impacted during an upgrade if Membership database structure changes were made.

Thanks

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Is the entry for a user in the wp_m_membership_relationships table removed when the subscription expires

Yes, that table only holds existing relationships so their record in that table will be removed when their subscription expires – think about it as a joining table that links a subscription, a level and a user together – whilst there is something to link (a subscription) there will be a record, once the subscription expires or is ended the link is broken and the record is removed.

The user record will remain in wp_users, however – which is what I think @mason means.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hello, hope you’re well!

How’s things going now, we haven’t heard from you in a short while and as such he thread became marked as “Resolved”.

If you’re still in need any help then please feel free to reopen or create a new thread as needed for any issues.

Cheers.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.