WpDEV dashboard is not appearing correctly

Hello,
I'm facing a problem in visualizing WPDEV dashboard, as the pop-up don't desappears and no way to close it.
Could you help me?

Thanks in advace for you support
Fred

• Kingdom Studios
    • The Bug Hunter

Hey Fred and welcome to the community!

I will try and help. The photos app you show in a screenshot is not the dashboard. In your admin panel you should see a line called WPMU DEV. That is where your dashboard is located. Are you able to see that?

Regards,

Martin

• Francesco
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Yes Martin,
    all the tabs in the sidebar are available...
    Actually I don't know if there is someting which is disturbing the plugin (as Smush Pro is not running in optimizing media and stops et the 6th pic, without any message error).

If you need, the support access is active.

Thanks again!
    Fred

• Kingdom Studios
    • The Bug Hunter

Hey Fred!

Sorry, I was misunderstanding your issue.

I am not a staff member at WPMU DEV. I am just another member of the community and was trying to help you out. Therefore, support access for me would not be appropriate. A staff member should respond soon.

In the meantime... I know that the smush process can take some time and we need to determine if the plugin is truly locked up or not. If you are sure it is locked, you may want to get out of your admin panel completely, re-login and try the smush process with fewer items selected until you get a feel for how long each item should take.

I hope this helps and wish you success!

Martin

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello again @Francesco!

The WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin is automatically locked to a specific username. It means that only Super Admin can have access to WPMU DEV Dashboard.

Can you please try and check if that is the case ?

It could be a memory time-out as the plugin is installing. Try adding the following to your wp-config.php file to increase the memory allocated to WordPress.

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

Please advise,

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello @Francesco!

wp-config.php file is located in the root of your WordPress file directory and contains your website's base configuration details, such as database connection information. You can edit it with any text editor.

Here is the guide on how to edit wp-config.php file:
    https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP

Find a line that contains 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT' and paste there the code that I mentioned in previous post.

Before editing file please ensure that you have downloaded the original file so if something go wrong you can restore it.

Let us know how it went! :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello @Francesco, I hope that you are well today!

I can see that plugin aren't smushing old images.

I tried to upload images to on your server for testing and its working fine. You can see the processes on screen-shots.

The images It successfully compressed the size on upload!

Did you have previously installed on your dashboard EWWW Image Optimizer plugin? In several cases this is the reason why Smush Pro not working properly.

Please advise,
    Cheers,
    Nastia

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello again @Francesco!

I forgot to mention that WPMU DEV Dashboard is working fine. Sence you have single membership account it's supposed to look this way.

If you wish to have a WPMU DEV dashboard in order to install more plugins/themes, please upgrade your account.

Best Regards,
    Nastia

• Francesco
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello @Anastasia,
    As you mentioned, I've unstalled EWWW before installing Wp Smush. In the meantime I tried the same exercise you did and I can confirm you that the plugin works well on new media.
    I image that wp-smush should bypass the already-optimized images and not count them into the bulk optimization.

What's your opinion?
    Thanks for your support!
    Fred

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.