wpmd dashboard plug in

I downloaded the dashboard plug in and it is on my computer but when i click on it it shows up as a folder with files in it...Please help

• Nastia

Hello nkersey , I hope you are doing well!

Welcome to the forums, glad to have you aboard!

Some browsers unzip the compressed folders once they are downloaded. Usually, this happens with Safari browser. Do you use a different browser?

With Safari, to stop it, in the menu bar, go Safari > Preferences. In the "General" tab, uncheck "Open 'safe' files after downloading". This will stop Safari from automatically unzipping the files.

Try to re-download the plugin again. If you need any further assistance with installation, please let me know!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Nastia

Hello nkersey , I hope you are doing well today!

Am I supposed to already be signed into wordpress.com or wordpress.org first?

Our plugins will not work on the WordPress.com. You need to have a WordPress site that is running on your own server. Please see the manual bellow:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/hosted-or-self-hosted/

If you already have a hosted site, to install a WPMU DEV plugin it needs to be in .zip format.

Please send to me your credentials, I can install the plugin right away.
    You can send that privately through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Nastia"
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - login url
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

I will let you know when the plugin is installed on your site. After this navigate to WPMU DEV menu and login with your WPMU DEV credentials ( the once that you've registered here).

If you wish to learn more about plugin's installation, please see this manual.

I am waiting for your email!

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

• nkersey

Hi Nastia,
    I read the manual and tried exactly what it says. My dashboard doens't look like the WPMU_DEV_Dashboard image you are showing. I also tried sending a message to you as you showed to but can't get it to come up this way...I downloaded Wordpress.org but all I see again are the files..in a folder.. I clicked on wp-admin/install and this is what comes up...
    Error: PHP is not running
    WordPress requires that your web server is running PHP. Your server does not have PHP installed, or PHP is turned off.
    >

prepare( "SHOW TABLES LIKE %s", $wpdb->esc_like( $wpdb->users ) ); $user_table = ( $wpdb->get_var( $sql ) != null ); // Ensure that Blogs appear in search engines by default. $blog_public = 1; if ( isset( $_POST['weblog_title'] ) ) { $blog_public = isset( $_POST['blog_public'] ); } $weblog_title = isset( $_POST['weblog_title'] ) ? trim( wp_unslash( $_POST['weblog_title'] ) ) : ''; $user_name = isset($_POST['user_name']) ? trim( wp_unslash( $_POST['user_name'] ) ) : ''; $admin_email = isset( $_POST['admin_email'] ) ? trim( wp_unslash( $_POST['admin_email'] ) ) : ''; if ( ! is_null( $error ) ) { ?>

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.