WPML Install Help – That Multilingual thing.

Hi,

I just went and brought WPML, because a lot of the themes here support it and some other translation plugins out there support,

There is absolutely no install documentation that comes with the download, the website is close to useless when it comes to getting help as they have no search feature.

So, has anyone installed WPML who can give me a heads up?

• primated
    • Flash Drive

Thanks for the help, but the doc’s only talk about after you’ve installed, but don’t really give much help even then. The documentation on their site is useless and what comes with the download is non-existent.

I mean I can try and install it with what I think might work, but after 6 weeks on a clients site, I don’t want to guess and mess things up and put myself backwards. I just paid $80 and you would think that it would either install easily or there would be straight forward instructions. As it is, it’s like thanks for your cash, now you figure out what to do with it.

I just figured that since a lot of the themes here are WPML ready that hopefully some would know.

Thanks!

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Well I can’t comment for how they handle documents or support but I did contact them to see if I could have some kind of access to their plugin, I’m sure then I could figure it out and help further. :slight_smile:

So is the plugin not installed like a normal plugin then and network activated or site activated?

I saw they had an email queue so I’m not sure when I will hear back from them.

Take care.

• primated
    • Flash Drive

I do have to say that this thing completely messed up my Social theme, things in the back end and it’s a mess. Especially with a theme that was enabled for this WPML thing.

We will be looking to get a refund. Even though I deactivated it and deleted it it still controls some things in my back end, like custom menus for example.

It’s a virus and a headache at the same time.

We will be asking for a refund. Really do your research before you buy something.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey again.

I got a copy and have since installed (unfortunately my spam filter hid it for a couple of days). Where were you having issues exactly?

I see if in network you can Network Activate across all sites. And you can turn off individual sites as well as resetting them.

Admin –> Network Admin –> WPML

You then have the setup options on each site where you can define the current language first:

Admin –> WPML

You first select your language.

Then in the next step which other languages you want to use.

And finally there you get some options to define the language switcher, so people can swap between the langs offered.

Did you have any issues in those first?

I’ve continued to play with the plugin they offer and so far have not seen any specific issues. Where are you struggling with this?

Now I have a copy I should be able to help with more pointers and advice if you wish?

Take care.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings primated,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that’s great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the ‘Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)’ box below the post area (or else we’ll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.