WPML string translation, 1 language, No Instructions found, broke site

Installed WPML:

• WPML Multilingual CMS

• WPML String Translation

Activated:

• Membership 2 Pro – WPML Integration

Followed the prompt to set Default admin language to Site language which is Finnish in my case. I’m seeking just to have the Membership 2 Pro to follow the same language as the rest of the site. Succeeded on what is possible to translate with M2 Shortcodes.

I have managed only to have the default font ignored on Crome browser on the Divi theme – not good.

The WPML highlight – “view in page’ functionality” shows nothing.

WHAT STEPS TO FOLLOW?

There must be easy steps to follow for this basic functionality which seems to be working for other developers, could you please help?

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey there @pete,

Hope you’re well today :slight_smile:

Can you please add more information on the parts that are not working properly. Is this issue related to the parts on the front end of your site or in the back end? Can you please let me know where exactly I can see this?

Also is the issue related to only translation or some of the functionality is not working as well? Also what exactly is not working properly, please add more information on where I can see this.

Looking forward for your response :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Bojan

• Pete
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Great, I re-activated the WPML-modules and the backdoor is now open to have a look.

The site pego.fi membership is live from yesterday and have over 50 new members, so that part is working fine.

Front-end: Crome browser doesn’t show the Divi-theme font, instead some other font (does that only when the WPML modules are active so I don’t know what is happening there, perhaps WPML-issue)

Back-end: is doing the job exept for example the registration page and the others don’t translate/don’t show on the WPML String Translation

http://pego.fi/tilaa_pego-tili/

http://pego.fi/tilitiedot/

You can find these on the navigation when you scroll-down the page, then menu appears and under “Kirjaudu” you have these pages.

Have I installed the correct WPML-modules? What steps should I follow? Or is my aproach all wrong, should I edit the template files instead since I would like to make the membership look like the rest of the site?

I would like to make the membership look like the rest of the site.

Membership shows 14 of the new members as “Expired”, is this related to the current issue?

• Pete
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

@pete

The String translation works now when I selected: WPML/Theme and plugins localization/Select how to translate strings in the theme and plugins on.

The issue remains, why the selected body font doesn’t show on Mac/Crome – who do I contact on this, it works on my other sites except this one with M2?

The roadmap for WPML/M2, would be nice since this is pretty much default for the thousands of languages on this planet.

This thread is my solution…Pete

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey @pete,

Glad you managed to figure out the WPML issue :slight_smile:

I’ve checked your main site on multiple browsers on both Win and Mac. On both Chrome and Firefox for example the same font is being displayed which is Open Sans.

I also checked couple of your subsites and they all had membership plugin, would you mind pointing to the specific site/page where I can see this? Possibly add some screenshots of the issue.

Best regards,

Bojan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.