WPMU affiate links

Ok... Where do I find my affiliate link and all the banner awesomeness that used to be in my profile?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings dubya,

Ok you almost had me on this one dubya but after some serious digging I found it.

Logged in as network administrator go to WPMU DEV --> Dashboard --> you will see API key you will see Please enter your membership API key to activate this plugin.
    Already a member? Your API Key can be found here.

Click on here in the above sentence.

Then under the menu heading Profile menu you will see it all --> See screen shot below.

Cheers, Joe

• James Dunn
    • The Crimson Coder

Goodday dubya and Joe (AECNU).

If dubya is talking about the affiliate links for WPMUDev, and he's just a "plain ole member" like me, his screen is a little different and the instructions are slightly different. Here's the answer I've been giving:

Go to your "Private Profile" (click the wpmudev in the upper left corner of the screen - not the one in the WP admin bar at the top of the screen) and you will get your "Private Profile". Then choose "Change Details" beside your avatar. You will be taken to the back-end section of the site.

On the left nav bar, you will see an option of "Affiliate Referrals". Click on that menu option and you will see a drop down box near the top that says "Enable Affiliate Links". Choose "Yes please" and enter your PayPal Email Address. When you click "Update" or "Update Options" (can't remember which), the screen will change and you will see your affiliate link to use.

Also, just below that you will then see a menu option on the left for Affiliate Banners that you can post anywhere you like to post banners.

I would have posted a screen shot, but I'm not on my development machine, so I don't have any type of screen capture software on this one. Regardless, when we go to our backend, we don't have "Projects", "Media", "Pages", or "Events", plus
    this section is not on our screens:

"Logged in as network administrator go to WPMU DEV --> Dashboard --> you will see API key you will see Please enter your membership API key to activate this plugin.
    Already a member? Your API Key can be found here."

Dubya and I are just "lowly members" - we're not part of the high ranking "elite" like you Joe. <BIG GRIN> You know I'm just joking though. Take care and how both of you have a great weekend.

James Dunn
    Athens, GA USA

• dubya
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hmm... perhaps a compatibility issue? The above screenshot is on a non multisite using a non WPMU theme. Maybe because that theme's admin menu item is where the WPMU menu wants to be?

Below is also single site, but this time with a WPMU theme. I only see options to change my gravatar or modify my membership plan.

• James Dunn
    • The Crimson Coder

Hey Dubya.

I thought you meant the affiliate links for promoting the WPMUDev membership. That was the instructions I was giving you. I retract my previous statements about the differences between Joe's dashboard and my dashboard. Apparently Joe was giving you information on the WPMUDev dashboard plugin (which I don't use, so I can't offer ANY help with).

Sorry for the confusion here.

James Dunn
    Athens, GA USA

• dubya

Found it!
    I keep getting confused. I am wasting way too much time on this new dashboard. If I am in the privacy of my back-end, I can't see my private profile.

Thanks for your help. Are you still using the old updates plugin? I think I'll downgrade.

• dubya

Sorry for the delay... I had to search for "dubya" to find this thread again. There has got to be an easier way :slight_frown:

Anyways, I was referring to the Update Notifications plugin AKA the dashboard predecessor. I have since downgraded 2 of my sites back to 2.3.1. It still functions, and other that the constant nag about an update being available, not only did the dashboard go away, but I no longer need to go to my dashboard (I never go to my dashboard) to find updates for my sites that have themes that are incompatible with the dashboard plugin's admin menu (see my 1st screenshot above).

Hey, you asked. :wink:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.