WPMU, Buddypress and Members Plugin

Hi....

I'm trying to get my head around the utilization of the Membership plugin with WP Multi Site and Buddypress.

First, I don't know if I have the correct architecture.

1 - I have the main network site which has Buddypress installed and configured and it will contain categories which have various access levels, one of which is paid.

2 - I have a 'Template' website, which is what my members will clone when they create a new blog

I have installed the Membership plugin and activated it on the Network

I have gone to my Main Network Site and attempted to configure it for Memberships. I have disabled WP registration on the main Network.

So i have that kinda working in a rough fashion.

However - when directing visitors to the new registration form on the main network site, there are no field options for creating their new network blog. There isn't a field for blog title, which would be the prefix in my sub-domain setup.
Also, existing sub-blog users are not recognized in the main site members user panel and I don't see a way to import existing members.

I'm starting to think I may have approached this incorrectly.

Is it possible to use WPMU / BP / Memberships for what I'm trying to do, if so, how best to configure it?

Many thanks

Carl

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Carl,

There currently aren't any blog creation fields in the Membership registration process and that would explain why you're not seeing those options.

When users register and then login to the back-end, as long as they have the ability to create a blog (perhaps using the Blog Creation rule), they'll have the option to create a new blog under Dashboard > My Sites.

Could you check to see if they're able to see that option?

Regarding sub-blog users being members of the main site, can you let me know how they became users of those sub-blogs? Did you manually create the blogs in the back-end?

Thanks,
    David

• rooze
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thanks David,

These were people who signed-up prior to me installing memberships, they just used the standard http://www.mysite.com/wp-signup.php which automatically created their blogs. They appear as users at the Network level but not as users in the main blog (#1).
    Am I right with the way I'm approaching this or do I need to setup memberships on my 'template' (the clone website for new blogs) ??

Right now I have another issue - when I try to register using the form here http://resumegrid.net/free-member-registration/
    after I enter the values in step 1, it takes me to step to which shows the two membership level options, but there's no check box or no way to select either one.

Phew..... :slight_smile:

Carl

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Carl,

There's a couple reasons at least why the Subscribe buttons wouldn't show for those subscriptions.

First off, you'll want to make sure the Subscriptions themselves are both Activated and Made Public in Membership > Edit Subscriptions.

You'll also need to ensure the Gateways you're using are all Activated in Membership > Edit Gateways.

Could you please check to ensure those are configured as such?

Thanks,
    David

• rooze
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thanks David,

Subscriptions were not enabled, so that part is working now.

In order to allow users to create a blog after registration, the settings in the Network must be checked on "Logged in users may register new sites." otherwise there doesn't appear to be an option to create the blog after signup/login.
    That setting however is suggested to be "Registration is disabled." in the setup guide?

I'll switch it and see what happens.

Carl

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.