WPMU dashboard conflicts with my theme

I have bought the Ultimate Facebook plugin, and I got the impression that I will only receive update information If I Install the WPMU Dev Dashboard

So I did that, but it conflicts with my theme because my theme settings panel is placed at the same spot in the backend menu. So I had to uninstall the WPMU Dev Dashboard.

Will the Ultimate Facebook still notify me about updates?

• aecnu

Greetings henrik_gregersen,

Thank you for bringing this item to our attention and sorry to see that you are having an issue with the WPMU DEV Dashboard.

Will the Ultimate Facebook still notify me about updates?

Unfortunately no. You will also have to update them manually.

Therefore I would like to notify the lead developer about this issue but it would help to know the name of your theme before sending out the SOS.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings Henrik,

Thank you for the screen shots which are greatly appreciated and helpful and indeed I can see that both are trying to occupy the same spot in the menu.

I am not a coder and do not know how to address this specific issue, therefore I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• henrik_gregersen

Hi Joe

Thank you for your answer.

My site works without the WPMUDEV plugin, so there is no rush, it is nice to get notified about updates I would have prefered to get it through the plugin like "standard" wordpress plugins.

Regarding the other post, not mentioned here :slight_smile:, Yes the pink message is annoying, and I hope the developers will consider to include a Close icon on the message so you can remove it if there is another sort of problem with the WPMUDEV plugin.

So far I will wait to see which updates the development team will release, and I hope to get an update in reply to this post when it is ready.

Kind Regards

Henrik