WPMU Dashboard preventing wpremote.com from connecting to site

I use wpremote.com to update all my sites and I'm having a problem with only one site kingscountyradioclub.com I have deactivated all my pugin except the wpremote plugin and connects fine. I activate the WPMU Dashboard and it has a problem connecting.
using the latest WPMU Dashboard Version 4.0.6
all other sites with the dashboard work fine.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey @HamRadioDude,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

So all other sites have WPMU DEV Dashboard installed as well and the connection is working on those sites?
    Is the site in question hosted on different server or do you have any specific .htaccess rules for it?

Can you enable debug log in your wp-config.php by replacing define('WP_DEBUG', false); with this code:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);

// Disable display of errors and warnings
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);

//Enable WPMU DEV Dashboard debug
    define('WPMUDEV_API_DEBUG', true);

This will create debug.log file in your wp-content folder that could tell us what is going on.
    Can you please save it as .txt file and attach it here so we can check it out.

Also, could you try installing version 3.5.3 of dashboard and see if the issue is version related?
    You can get previous versions by clicking on Changelog link on plugin page:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-dev-dashboard/

Best regards,
    Predrag

• HamRadioDude

This is now happening on my http://hudson.arrl.org/ site I have installed in wp-config these line to get a report for you be back in a day or two

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode

Verified by deactivating all plugin except wp remote then the dashboard plugin and it connected
    Then thing now its only this site out of 23
    Mitch

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Mitch,

Thank you for letting us know about this. It seems that the issue is a bit erratic as everything works most of the time and then suddenly happens.

It's great that you enabled WP debugging already. I think that we should now wait, like you said, a day or two and regardless whether the issue still occurs then or not, see if the "debug.log" file shows up in the /wp-content/ folder and share it with us.

In case there was still no debug.log, let us know two. It might also be worth checking access log and PHP error log - both should be available via cPanel for you; PHP error log might also be available as an "error_log" file in a root folder of you WP setup.

Best regards,
    Adam

• HamRadioDude

Hi Adam
    Thanks for answering really Fast I got results instantly

Deactivated all plugins again and deleted debug log to get a fresh log without php 7 warnings.
    Going to return site to normal so members are not screaming at me LOL

[27-Aug-2017 16:30:46 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 2097152 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 270336 bytes) in /home/hudsonarrl/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1877
    [27-Aug-2017 16:30:46 UTC] WordPress database error Commands out of sync; you can't run this command now for query SELECT autoload FROM wp_options WHERE option_name = 'wdp_un_farm133_themes' made by shutdown_action_hook, do_action('shutdown'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, WPMUDEV_Dashboard_Site->shutdown_refresh, WPMUDEV_Dashboard_Site->refresh_local_projects, WPMUDEV_Dashboard_Site->scan_fs_local_projects, WPMUDEV_Dashboard_Site->scan_fs_farm133_themes, WPMUDEV_Dashboard_Site->set_option, delete_site_option, delete_network_option, delete_option
    [27-Aug-2017 16:30:46 UTC] WordPress database error Commands out of sync; you can't run this command now for query SELECT autoload FROM wp_options WHERE option_name = 'wdp_un_refresh_remote_flag' made by shutdown_action_hook, do_action('shutdown'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, WPMUDEV_Dashboard_Site->shutdown_refresh, WPMUDEV_Dashboard_Site->refresh_local_projects, WPMUDEV_Dashboard_Api->refresh_membership_data, WPMUDEV_Dashboard_Site->set_option, delete_site_option, delete_network_option, delete_option
    [27-Aug-2017 16:30:46 UTC] WordPress database error Commands out of sync; you can't run this command now for query SELECT option_value FROM wp_options WHERE option_name = 'allowedthemes' LIMIT 1 made by shutdown_action_hook, do_action('shutdown'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, WPMUDEV_Dashboard_Site->shutdown_refresh, WPMUDEV_Dashboard_Site->refresh_local_projects, WPMUDEV_Dashboard_Api->refresh_membership_data, WPMUDEV_Dashboard_Api->build_api_data, WP_Theme::get_allowed, WP_Theme::get_allowed_on_network, get_site_option, get_network_option, get_option
    [27-Aug-2017 16:30:46 UTC] WordPress database error Commands out of sync; you can't run this command now for query SELECT option_value FROM wp_options WHERE option_name = 'allowed_themes' LIMIT 1 made by shutdown_action_hook, do_action('shutdown'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, WPMUDEV_Dashboard_Site->shutdown_refresh, WPMUDEV_Dashboard_Site->refresh_local_projects, WPMUDEV_Dashboard_Api->refresh_membership_data, WPMUDEV_Dashboard_Api->build_api_data, WP_Theme::get_allowed, WP_Theme::get_allowed_on_site, get_option
    [27-Aug-2017 16:30:46 UTC] WordPress database error Commands out of sync; you can't run this command now for query SELECT option_value FROM wp_options WHERE option_name = '_site_transient_update_themes' LIMIT 1 made by shutdown_action_hook, do_action('shutdown'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, WPMUDEV_Dashboard_Site->shutdown_refresh, WPMUDEV_Dashboard_Site->refresh_local_projects, WPMUDEV_Dashboard_Api->refresh_membership_data, WPMUDEV_Dashboard_Api->build_api_data, WPMUDEV_Dashboard_Api->get_repo_updates_infos, get_site_transient, get_site_option, get_network_option, get_option
    [27-Aug-2017 16:30:46 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 2097152 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 217088 bytes) in /home/hudsonarrl/public_html/wp-includes/Requests/Transport/cURL.php on line 484
    [27-Aug-2017 16:31:00 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 2097152 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 270336 bytes) in /home/hudsonarrl/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1877
    [27-Aug-2017 16:31:00 UTC] WordPress database error Commands out of sync; you can't run this command now for query SELECT autoload FROM wp_options WHERE option_name = 'wdp_un_farm133_themes' made by shutdown_action_hook, do_action('shutdown'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, WPMUDEV_Dashboard_Site->shutdown_refresh, WPMUDEV_Dashboard_Site->refresh_local_projects, WPMUDEV_Dashboard_Site->scan_fs_local_projects, WPMUDEV_Dashboard_Site->scan_fs_farm133_themes, WPMUDEV_Dashboard_Site->set_option, delete_site_option, delete_network_option, delete_option
    [27-Aug-2017 16:31:00 UTC] WordPress database error Commands out of sync; you can't run this command now for query SELECT autoload FROM wp_options WHERE option_name = 'wdp_un_refresh_remote_flag' made by shutdown_action_hook, do_action('shutdown'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, WPMUDEV_Dashboard_Site->shutdown_refresh, WPMUDEV_Dashboard_Site->refresh_local_projects, WPMUDEV_Dashboard_Api->refresh_membership_data, WPMUDEV_Dashboard_Site->set_option, delete_site_option, delete_network_option, delete_option
    [27-Aug-2017 16:31:00 UTC] WordPress database error Commands out of sync; you can't run this command now for query SELECT option_value FROM wp_options WHERE option_name = 'allowedthemes' LIMIT 1 made by shutdown_action_hook, do_action('shutdown'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, WPMUDEV_Dashboard_Site->shutdown_refresh, WPMUDEV_Dashboard_Site->refresh_local_projects, WPMUDEV_Dashboard_Api->refresh_membership_data, WPMUDEV_Dashboard_Api->build_api_data, WP_Theme::get_allowed, WP_Theme::get_allowed_on_network, get_site_option, get_network_option, get_option
    [27-Aug-2017 16:31:00 UTC] WordPress database error Commands out of sync; you can't run this command now for query SELECT option_value FROM wp_options WHERE option_name = 'allowed_themes' LIMIT 1 made by shutdown_action_hook, do_action('shutdown'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, WPMUDEV_Dashboard_Site->shutdown_refresh, WPMUDEV_Dashboard_Site->refresh_local_projects, WPMUDEV_Dashboard_Api->refresh_membership_data, WPMUDEV_Dashboard_Api->build_api_data, WP_Theme::get_allowed, WP_Theme::get_allowed_on_site, get_option
    [27-Aug-2017 16:31:00 UTC] WordPress database error Commands out of sync; you can't run this command now for query SELECT option_value FROM wp_options WHERE option_name = '_site_transient_update_themes' LIMIT 1 made by shutdown_action_hook, do_action('shutdown'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, WPMUDEV_Dashboard_Site->shutdown_refresh, WPMUDEV_Dashboard_Site->refresh_local_projects, WPMUDEV_Dashboard_Api->refresh_membership_data, WPMUDEV_Dashboard_Api->build_api_data, WPMUDEV_Dashboard_Api->get_repo_updates_infos, get_site_transient, get_site_option, get_network_option, get_option

Saw the memory error this is what's on the server and on each PHP version
    the important stuff :grinning:

max_execution_time = 5000
    max_input_time = 600
    max_input_vars = 5000
    memory_limit = 1000M
    upload_max_filesize = 2000M

Thanks
    Mitch

• Dimitris

Hello there HamRadioDude,

hope you're doing good today! :slight_smile:

About the memory limit error messages, could you please connect to your server via FTP, edit the wp-config.php file and insert the following line just above the /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */ comment

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M');
    define('WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M');

Reference: https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP

As for the database errors, could you please access this database via a program like phpMyAdmin and try to "check", "repair" and "optimize" this database as shown here? https://www.siteground.com/tutorials/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin_optimize_database.htm
    Before making any changes, please do an export first to keep as backup in case something goes wrong. Here's how to export/import(if needed):
    http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/smb-technologist/import-and-export-databases-using-phpmyadmin/

Then give this WPremote and our Dashboard a chance to work together.
    Let us know about your results on this! :slight_smile:

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• HamRadioDude

I already have in config

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', ’1024M’ );
    define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', ’1024M’ );

I repaired and optimized the DB
    and made sure

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode

was in the Config, be back.

• Dimitris

Did you make any progress with that?

If not, please provide us some additional server credentials to further investigate it. As this is public forum, you should send us your details through our safe contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question using this template:

Subject: "Attn: Dimitris"
    - WordPress admin (login url/username/password)
    - wpremote.com credentials (if needed, so we could try to activate this integration)
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - cPanel/Plesk credentials (host/username/password)
    - link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

Keep in mind the subject line as ensures that it gets assigned to me.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• HamRadioDude

Very strange There is no DEBUG_LOG in wp-content
    or any error_logs But wp remote still gets 500 errors only on hudson.arrl.org.

And to make thing even stranger If I deactivate the Dashboard plugin it will allow wp remote to connect then a minute or two later I would check and it's a 500 error trying to connect to the site again with wp remote then I would turn off WPS Hide Login plugin and wp remote can connect and a few minutes later it can't connect. then I would turn off all plugins and even the wp remote plugin and give it the api key again still can't connect but it took the key. all plugin off can't connect tried many times.
    Then reactivate all plugins it connects fine. then try again a minute later 500 error.
    Ver very weard
    I checked the htaccess file and wpconfig nothing out of the regular.

Email for login info Sent
    Thank You

• Dimitris

So it seems that this is a sole issue of wpremote.com and your installation/server, as it keeps disconnecting even in a state where it's the only active plugin.

I can't see any recent email coming from you in our inbox, could you please contact wpremote.com support channels though?
    It should be much easier for them to debug this, as this is a product that I have minimum to none experience (and I guess this is true for most WPMUDEV staff members).
    Here's some links that could help you with that:
    https://wordpress.org/support/topic/support-guidelines-please-read-first-1/
    https://wpremote.com/support-center/troubleshooting/
    https://wpremote.com/support-center/

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Dimitris

Hello HamRadioDude,

Not for nothing every time I send an email to you guys inbox you never receive it you might want a better way of sending the info to you. or maybe fix the problem. I did put in the Subject: "Attn: Dimitris"

I've checked again, using some additional assistance from our Accounting team, and we weren't able to find any recent email coming from you (latest is something like a year back).
    The "Attn: Dimitris" subject is more of a practise so we can properly assign email after they're hitting our inbox, but seems that none came in.
    In case this is a matter of our contact form (and probably any browser extension that you may use?), you could simply use your email client and sent your email to contact@wpmudev.org.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.