WPMU Dashboard showing PHP 7.1 Errors

Good Evening,
We are looking at several issues on our site and thing we are looking to do is upgrade our PHP version to 7.1, however when I run the PHP Checker available from SiteGround, I get an error indicating that there are errors in the Dashboard plugin.

Can you let me know what I need to do to correct these errors or if can confirm that the dashboard is PHP 7.1 Compatable?

Here are the errors:
FILE: /home/unique20/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpmudev-updates/lib/PHPSecLib/Crypt/Random.php
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FOUND 0 ERRORS AND 4 WARNINGS AFFECTING 2 LINES
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
75 | WARNING | Extension 'mcrypt' is deprecated since PHP 7.1 - use openssl (preferred) or pecl/mcrypt once available instead.
75 | WARNING | Function mcrypt_create_iv() is deprecated since PHP 7.1; use OpenSSL instead
114 | WARNING | Extension 'mcrypt' is deprecated since PHP 7.1 - use openssl (preferred) or pecl/mcrypt once available instead.
114 | WARNING | Function mcrypt_create_iv() is deprecated since PHP 7.1; use OpenSSL instead

End Report 1532360792

• James Morris

Hello Mike

This has been reported a few times in the past. Fortunately, it's not entirely accurate.

WPMU DEV Dashboard has some routines in it to ensure that it is compatible with older versions of PHP. These routines have alternates for more modern versions of PHP, such as 7.1. Because the PHP Checker cannot parse the logic, but rather only checks for incompatible functions, it does not see that DEV Dash only loads the compatible code for the version of PHP detected.

I hope this clarifies a bit. Let us know if you have any further questions. We'll be happy to help! :slight_smile:

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.