[WPMU DEV and Plugins – Hummingbird, Smush, Defender] Unable to remove plugins

I have a real trouble to remove plugins from my WP. The’re not appear in “plugins” folder (via FTP). When I click in some menu items in my WP dashboard they appear, click in other – the’re not show. I’ve tried to restore my site and database but the problem still remains. I’m unable to edit some options becouse of that issue – I have screen with message “The observed link has expired. Try again”. I need your help with removing the plugins !

marekopechowski@greenteam.pl

Marek.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi MarekO,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

That’s an odd issue, sorry to hear you are still facing such a behaviour. Does the mentioned error message “The observed link has expired. Try again””, occurs when you try to delete the plugin via the WordPress dashboard, under Plugins > Installed Plugins page, do you get any error message?

Since support access to your site wasn’t enabled, I wasn’t able to give a closer look at, what exact is causing this.

Could you please send us your website credentials, so that we could give a closer look in the dashboard, and FTP side to have a better idea what’s causing this?

You can send credentials by using our secure contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

– To Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Nithin Ramdas

-WordPress admin username

-WordPress admin password

-login url

-FTP credentials (host/username/password)

-link back to this thread for reference

-any other relevant urls

Please do follow up in the ticket once you have sent the above credentials. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Nithin

• MarekO
    • New Recruit

Thank you for your reply. I’ve just sent you credentials. As I said, if you click ‘plugins’ in WP dashboard and try to deactivate or delete plugin, you’ll receive message “The observed link has expired”. But if you click in other options in WP dashboard – plugins (WPMU DEV, Smush, Hummingbird, Defender) are not appear in the WP dashboard. Thank you for the support. MarekO.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi MarekO,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I gave a closer look at your website dashboard, and I’m not able to notice any WPMU DEV DEV plugins installed in there, ie under Plugins > Installed Plugins page.

I then tried to deactivate couple of random plugins in your WordPress dashboard, and I wasn’t able to notice any “The observed link has expired” message. Just to be double check, I also installed a random free plugin, and deleted it without any issue, wasn’t able to replicate any error messages.

Is the issue resolved? Normally, the mentioned error message could be resolved by increasing the server resources, you might find the following article helpful on how to increase the memory, and other server resources:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/increase-memory-limit/

Since I don’t see any issue at the moment, I’m guessing you were able to get it fixed? If not, please share a screenshot on where you notice the issue, so that we could give a closer look, if needed.

When I click in some menu items in my WP dashboard they appear, click in other – the’re not show. I’ve tried to restore my site and database but the problem still remains.

If you meant, you are noticing the plugin menus in the WordPress dashboard, but they are actually deactivated in the dashboard side. Then, this could be more related to Object Cache, or Memcache enabled in the dashboard side.

It could be either your Cache plugins, or cache enabled in the server side by your hosting provider causing such anomalies. However, since, I don’t see any WPMU DEV plugins installed in your dashboard, nor I’m able to replicate the error message, it’s pretty tough to say what exact was causing it without seeing it live.

Please advise if I’m missing anything, so that we could help get you sorted, if needed. Have a nice day ahead. :slight_smile:

Regards,

Nithin

• MarekO
    • New Recruit

Hello Nithin, unfortunetly the issue still remains. When you see at the 'plugins' folder from FTP side – there aren't present nor installed. But as you see at atattached screenshots they are still present in WP dashboard as active plugins. When you try to deactivate them (by clicking 'deactivate':wink: – you'll see message 'observed link has expired'. You'll see this message also when trying to deactivate any other plugins. When you try to install new plugin (by 'add new':wink: – you can do it but when you click at 'installed plugins' in WP dashboard, you wont see this new plugin. As you can see at screen nr 4, I've added some random plugin but you wont see it by clicking 'installed plugins' (screeen 4b). So you can install new plugin but you can't see it and make some settings in it. I've attached 7 screenshots (1,2,3,4,4a,4b,5). Looking forward for your support. Thank you. MarekO.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi MarekO,

Sorry to hear about the ongoing issue, just to be sure, the above screenshots are from the site greentexx.pl site, right?

If yes, I do recall last time I accessed your website, that there wasn’t any WPMU DEV plugins installed, as seen in your screenshot. That’s when I checked the Plugins > Installed Plugins page in dashboard side, I wasn’t able to find any plugins related to WPMU DEV in there.

However, when I try to access your websites dashboard at the moment, so I could grab a screenshot, I’m afraid, I’m getting the following error message:

B??D: Wprowadzone has?o dla nazwy u?ytkownika mareko nie jest poprawne. Nie pami?tasz has?a?

Seems like the WP admin password shared for the user “mareko” has been changed? nor the FTP is working too. Could you please re-share the new password the same way as you have sent before in here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/wpmu-dev-and-plugins-hummingbird-smush-defender-unable-to-remove-plugins#post-1373341

So, that I could give a closer look, and could confirm whether it’s not related to cache, or not. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Nithin

• MarekO
    • New Recruit

Hello, yes the screenshots was from the site you mentioned and it is really strange that you didn’t notice the plugins in WP dashboard but the strangest thing is that today when I logged in they aren’t any more… Maybe it was something, as you suggested, with memory cache… I really don’t know. But most important thing is that the issue semms to be resolved. I’ve changed passwords becouse of security purposes but of course I’ll let you know if it would be some problems in few next days but I hope it wouldn’t be necessary. Thank You very much for your support! MarekO.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.