WPMU Dev Avatar issue in CoursePress Pro

I am using Avatars and the avatars for Instructors in CoursePress Pro are not filling the entire box. It does work properly when a Gravatar is used.

http://procenter.staging.wpengine.com/courses/browse/modern-tennis-blueprint/

Can this be fixed or are the avatars from your Avatar plugin not compatible with CoursePress Pro?

Thanks,
Jesse

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Jesse! :slight_smile:

I do see what you mean here, just did a bit of testing on my own test Multisite. The problem looks to be due to the fact that the largest size of thumbnail generated is 128px by 128px.

I tried to dig into the code myself here, and see if there was something I could give you quick, but there seems to be something more to this. I've let the developer know about this, so that we can get this worked out. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Jesse
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Ok, good, because I actually deactivated it because it was impacting another plugin that uses images too. I had that one set to a 200px image and it wouldn't go that big either so I just created Gravatars.

Would definitely be nice if the image could scale though!

If anything happens soon, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Jesse

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Jesse,

After a bit more time spent on it (and some coffee), I was actually able to find out what was missing in my earlier attempts, and I now have a working copy that you can try. :slight_smile:

To make it easier to implement, I've attached my edited copy to this thread, as a .zip file. Unzip that, and upload the avatars.php file inside to:

/wp-content/plugins/avatars/

Replacing the copy that's presently there (backing it up first is advised, just in case)

In order to see the changes, you'll need to assign a avatar to an instructor, as the thumbnails get created after the cropping is done on a new image. You should see the changes in action once you visit a course page that the user is an instructor for.

Let me know if this helps please! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Jesse

Ok, I am on opposite schedule as you and will not be having my coffee until tomorrow morning. Will let you know how it works and thanks for not giving up.

I'm not sure what you did in there, but I was using it for another plugin for Author bios that puts all your Authors on one page and you can set the image size. I have it set now at 200px which is 3 across but might change it to 300px.

I'll try it tomorrow morning ET and let you know.

Thanks!
    Jesse

• Jesse

It worked!

So, will this be included in the next update of Avatars? Or do I have to keep an eye out for that and replace the file again?

Thanks for getting this taken care of! We are about to sign up a bunch of contributors and it would have been a pain to have them all create Gravatars.

Jesse

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.