WPMU DEV Chat vs Messaging Plugins

I purchased Chat yesterday, but it sounds like Chat does not provide private communication between two users and is only for public communication. Is that correct? Does Chat have a Facebook like private chat setting? I want users to be able to communicate with specific other users they choose, and not with other users. Should I purchase Messaging instead? If that's the case, can I exchange Chat for Messaging? Thanks

• Alex Stine
    • System Administrator

Hello,
    I built along side WPMU DEV support a customized version of BuddyPress and BBPress. This has seemed to work well for forums and private messaging. Plus you have profiles to tie it all in together.

I cannot answer your original question, just providing my experience.

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Jeff

Hope you had a wonderful day.

I purchased Chat yesterday, but it sounds like Chat does not provide private communication between two users and is only for public communication. Is that correct?

Yes, you are right. "Chat" plugin is for public chatting but you can also initiate private chat. But our "Private Messaging" plugin will fit more for your purpose I believe: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/private-messaging/

Private Messaging lets your users chat one-on-one and share files safely on your site through direct messages you can monitor.

If that's the case, can I exchange Chat for Messaging? Thanks

That's a billing related query and our billing department can tell you better about this. Can you send your query through our secure contact form here? https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/
    Go to that page, and select "I have a billing question" from the dropdown and send us your query. Appropriate authority will reply you soon.

Is there anything else we can help you with? We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.