[WPMU DEV Dashboard] An Old Client Site is Still Using WPMUDEV Plugins on my account

Hi there,

A client moved their site to another web developer some time ago and they're still access two WPMUDEV plugins (that I know of) through my account.

I no longer have access to the clients site but want to remove access to the WPMUDEV plugins that are being used on my account.

How can I do that? (I've tried to do so via The Hub but the deactivation of Google Analytics+ keeps failing and I can't access the WPMUDEV Dashboard, at all, because the settings icon is greyed out.

Essentially, I want to stop this client accessing these plugins via my account.

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Steve - Just Think BiG

Hope you're doing well!

Thank you Jaxom for chiming in, deleting the site from the Hub will not logged out the other user from the WPMU DEV Dashboard and the site will appear back on the Hub after few hours. There is only one solution, is to reset your WPMU DEV API key from My Account page. This will log you out from all websites. After this, please access your sites again and log in with your credentials.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Steve - Just Think BiG
    • Thinking Bigger

Thanks Jaxom. I had tried that but, as Nastia explained, because the site's logged in it reappears after a while.

Nastia. Thanks for that. Resetting the API key is a bit of a nuisance because I'm going to have to log back in to every site on the system - but I do understand that it will achieve what I need it to.

Perhaps you could place a feature request for a simpler method that will work on an individual site, should a similar thing occur?

Having said that, it probably doesn't happen very often and, now I've experienced it, I'll make sure it doesn't happen again at my end.

Thanks, again, to both of you. It's very much appreciated.

Regards,

Steve

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Steve and Jaxom!

Hope all is good!

I agree that it will be easier to remove a site from the Hub, and when removed the WPMU DEV Dashboard will be automatically logged out from our API. Great suggestion so I've moved this thread to Features & Feedback section :slight_smile:

Hopefully, our developers will consider developing this feature!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there all!

Just wanted to clear this up.
    Removing a website from Hub, it does disconnects WPMUDEV Dashboard from site.
    This won't remove any other WPMUDEV plugins that's installed already, these will revert to the free equivalents and any services that need WPMUDEV API won't work though.
    In case the website is kept connecting to Hub, it's because the WPMUDEV API key is added in wp-config.php file, so it auto-connects WPMUDEV Dashboard plugin, thus the site keeps getting back in Hub. In this case, it's like the WPMUDEV API got compromised, so has to be reseted from Account page.

Hope that clarifies things better! :slight_smile:
    Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• D.
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi there,

Seeing this thread is quite old, did WPMUDEV make any progress in terms of assigning individual API's for each website? or making it possible to disconnect a website from the service, even with API compromised?

Thanks

• Dimitris
      • Support Star

Hello there M.,

hope you're doing well! :slight_smile:

No changes on this, there are no separate keys per site connected to the Hub, there's still a single API key which can be reset from your Account page and this will result in all of your connected websites to disconnect.

Warm regards,
      Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.