I can't install Snapshot on the website. I keep getting this message:

Unknown WordPress error has occurred.

I am granting support access to the website for you to take a look

Thank you

• Kris
    • Support

Hi Anastasiya

Hope you are doing good today.

I was able to replicate this error on your site. I check your server resources and max_execution_time is 120 and memory_limit is 5121M which should be good for install any of our plugins.

However there is possibility that plugins folder could have incorrect permission. Are you able to log in to ftp or cPanel and double check what permission /wp-content/plugins/ have? It should be 755.

Also could you download Snapshot from this page: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/snapshot/ and try manual installation and see if this help?

Kind Regards,

Kris

• Anastasiya
    • Flash Drive

I was able to install Snapshot using FTP. (plugin folder has 755 permissions)

When I try to run a backup here is what I get:

An unknown response returned from Snapshot backup attempt. Aborting. Double check Snapshot settings.

I have little control over hosting (it’s a client’s site and they don’t want to move to a better host) so trying to see what my options are to get Snapshot working on this site

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Anastasiya

Are you trying managed backup or regular snapshot?

If you have low memory limit, then this is possible to fail to take a backup using snapshot. But let’s do some troubleshooting.

Would you please enable debug mode and check if there is any error? To enable debug mode please go to wp-config.php and change

define( 'WP_DEBUG', false );

to

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
    define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Now try to take a backup. That will create a file called debug.log inside wp-content folder. Open that file, check the very bottom and you will see the latest errors. Please send me those.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,

Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.