WPMU DEV Dashboard causing other plugin updates to fail

I have had to disable WPMU DEV Dashboard to update jetpack. Before disabling it jetpack would fail. I have had this issue on multiple sites. Also, It is blocking ManageWP plugin according to the ManageWP.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello ninjamonk,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

It's possible that the WPMU DEV Dashboard is interfering with ManageWP as both plugins (although operate in slightly different area) are designed for connections with external API's/servers and external access to the site (like e.g. support access). According to ManageWP their API should be implemented in our plugin and there's already been a feature request submitted for this. I'm not able to give you any ETA on this however. Yet, I think that this is only related to updating our plugin via ManageWP and should block access.

As for Jetpack. I just downloaded and installed Jetpack 3.5 onto my test site, enable it and connected to WordPress.com and then - keeping our WPMU DEV Dashboard enabled - I ran Jetpack update. It went fine with no issues.

I'm not saying there's no issue of course but I think I'll need some more in-depth testing. That said, could you please let me know:

- updates that you're referring to were automatic/background updates or manually triggered updates?

- what Jetpack modules are enabled on the site

- what other WPMU plugins/themes do you have installed/enabled on your site?

Please advise and I'll run some more tests on my end, trying to replicate this and hopefully finding a solution.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello ninjamonk!

It seems that there's indeed an "on going" issue related to ManageWP and we're now working on it. This requires quite a bit of tests and checks so I'm not able to give you any more explanation, neither ETA on this but hopefully upcoming updates (though may be applied "manually" or with ManageWP temporarily disabled) would bring a solution to this.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.