[WPMU DEV Dashboard] Configuring WP Jobs / Woocommerce

Hi
I have installed WP Job Manager for a jobs portal at digitalcanada.io
The challenge I'm having is finalizing the set up, so that you have to purchase a package before you can submit one:
1) Although I've set the workflow in Job Submissions as 'Choose a package before entering job details', it allows you to go straight to the job entry screen.
2) After entering the job, there is no submit option, only a save as draft.
It seems likely both are due to the same configuration option I've missed.
I've enabled Support Access.
Thanks, Neil.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Neil McEvoy

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I checked the site and did a small change there and now when you go to the job submission page you're first asked to choose a package. Let me explain :slight_smile:

You did have set the "Paid listing flow" to be "Choose a package before entering job details". This requires some packages to be available to work. These packages can be created as WooCommerce product thanks to the WC Paid Listings add-on plugin that you already have installed.

Once I went to WooCommerce products I noticed you already have a "Standard Job Listing" product created but it wasn't set as an actual "Job listing package". To be set that way, you need to select "Job Package" as "Product data" rather than "Simple product" - because that's the only thing that makes both plugins know that it's such a package. Only then it can be properly linked to WP Job Manager and used as a package.

I've set it already that way but I believe you'll want to edit product data there to set your own price/sale price, number of listings allowed within the package and so on. To do this, simply go to WooCommerce products and edit "Standard Job Listing"; you'll find related parameters in a "Product data" section there.

You might also want to note that the same way you may also set "Resume packages".

I hope that helps :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Neil McEvoy

I'm glad I could help :slight_smile:

These packages are sold via WooCommerce - they are WooCommerce products so all you need to do is to just configure payment methods/gateways in WooCommerce, the standard way. This can be done on

"WooCommerce -> Settings -> Payments" page.

Take a look here, please, for general information

https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/configuring-woocommerce-settings/#section-14

and then here for guides for the specific payment methods of your choice

https://docs.woocommerce.com/documentation/plugins/woocommerce/getting-started/sell-products/core-payment-options/

This should get you set up :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.