WPMU DEV Dashboard disappeared / and WordPress update failed

Hi there,

I'm having a few issues I just ran into today with our site. The WPMU DEV dashboard is installed and I see it in the plugin list, but it is not anywhere in the menu (used to be at the top, like my other websites).

Secondly, the latest update for WordPress 4.7.1 failed and it's telling me to contact my website administrator. But the thing is, I am the administrator and I've Google the update issue – it looks like I should have the option to 'try updating again,' since I'm the administrator, but I'm not getting that.

Why are these things happening and how can I fix them?

I attached a screenshot that shows both issues, the WordPress update error as well as the WPMU DEV menu not listed on the left where it should be, even though it's fully installed and active.

Please help.

Thank you,

Mark

• M Hipsh
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Ok, I got the WPMU DEV Dashboard to display by deactivating and then activating it again in the plugin list. But I can't get into the 'Support' page now. What is going on here?!

I attached a screenshot of this. This is weird.

Hopefully someone has had this issue before and we can figure this out.

Please help.

Thank You,

Mark

• M Hipsh
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

My apologies for the 3rd post already, but I have gotten the support page working now, it seemed to just be a matter of time waiting. And since I was in there, I have granted support access now. I am wondering about the WordPress issue and need help with that still. The same thing is happening on another site of mine as well, where I’m logged in as the admin, but don’t have the option to update. and just have the error occurring.

Thanks,

Mark

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Mark,

Are you on GoDaddy Managed WP hosting? It is possible that they are blocking automated updates (my hosting provider does that) so its would be best if you contact them about that problem.

If you have access to FTP you can update WordPress manually https://codex.wordpress.org/Updating_WordPress#Manual_Update

Another reason might be problem with plugin conflict – so you can run plugin conflict test and then see if this changes anything.

http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

I’m having a few issues I just ran into today with our site. The WPMU DEV dashboard is installed and I see it in the plugin list, but it is not anywhere in the menu (used to be at the top, like my other websites).

You have 3 administrator accounts on site. WPMU DEV Dashboard shows by default only to account from it was installed and activated. It can be changed in WPMU DEV -> Manage – >PERMISSIONS.

kind regards,

Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.