WPMU Dev Dashboard Has Limited Functionality and Looks Off

I have the WPMU Dev Dashboard installed -- and working -- on several sites that are all essentially the same thing (with varying degrees of customization). However, on one site, region4.nirsa.net, WPMU Dev Dashboard doesn't look right, nor does it function correctly. For instance, there is no way to install plugins as they simply don't show up.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Cory,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

As you granted access to the site, I took a liberty of visiting it and taking a look. I can see the issue there. I suggest you started with following steps:

1. Delete the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin, then download it again (it's important to download the .zip archive again in case it got corrupted during transfer previously) and
    - extract it to your local storage
    - upload the "wpmudev-updates" folder from inside archive to the "/wp-content/plugins" folder of your site via FTP
    - enable plugin again (and login if necessary).

If this doesn't help, please

2. Run a full theme/plugin conflict test as described on a flowchart in this article:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Hopefully, this should help you identify the source of a potential conflict which I could then investigate further.

Keep me informed please.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Cory

Thank you for looking into this for me, Adam.

I followed the directions in Step #1 but that didn’t do the trick.

Before moving on to Step #2 (which seems arduous and fraught with risk), I decided to try #1 again but first changed all permissions in wp-content/plugins/* to 755 before uploading wpmudev-updates.

That seems to have done the trick as I now have access to the WPMU Dev Dashboard.

Thank you again for the time and tips!

Cory

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.