[WPMU DEV Dashboard] I was able to sign into my site. I am now receiving a 503 error message

Enfold: Update Failed. Could Not Create New Directory... This was the message received when trying to update my theme. After trying to update my Wordfence Security Plugin my site disappeared with the 503 error message now showing up.

• Patrick Freitas
    • Staff

Hi T. Webb

Sorry to hear about this issue.

Did you use any redirection code on the website? http://www.azseophoenix.com when I try to access the website I'm being redirecting to google.

However it can be caused by a plugin. Wouldn't you mind to run some test?

Note, it is recommended that you always backup the site before run any test.

- Access the WordPress root folder by FTP or using a web hosting panel.
    - Once connected, go to /wp-content/ folder and rename the plugins folder to plugins-old.
    - Next, you need to create a new folder and name it plugins.
    - Now you need to visit your WordPress site to see if this resolved the error.

If you get access now it means that one of the plugin is causing the issue. In this case.
    - Back to /wp-content/
    - Open the plugin-old folder
    - Move one by one plugin to the new folder, each time that you move a plugin you try to access the website until find which plugin you are having issue.

Once figured out the plugin remove it from plugin folder and reinstall using WordPress dashboard.

Let me know the result,
    Have a Great day.
    Best Regards.
    Patrick Freitas

• T. Webb
      • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hello Patrick,

I suspect that I should close this post out. Yes, I have access to my WP dashboard via a URL. Your instructions were confusing (you're a level 19, I'm only a level 2) so the comprehension wasn't addressed. My Enfold theme still will not update but, I suspect that is not your issue. Thank you for your time though. Happy Holidays :slight_smile:.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.