WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin installs never work for me.

Hey, just as my title says this is the case.

I haven't posted anything about this because I just don't sometimes take the time to report a problem when I can find a solution right then and there.

My solution is that I have downloaded all WPMU Dev Plugins and install them manually which works.

My problem is when I try to install any plugin via WPMU DEV dashboard I get the red error message where the install button would be.

It's been like this since I first installed my dashboard.

Any idea why and how to fix this?

This is via localhost or live.

Thanks...

• Noahj Champion
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hey @PC.

1. Yes, I'm pretty sure my hosting does. I get other updates for other plugins via other servers. I'm waiting to for Host Gator chat to pick up to confirm that though. I have a Host Gator business account.

This happens on localhost too, would localhost be limited on GET requests?

2. I only get the red button error, nothing else. I tried looking at the question mark next to the "ERROR" text, but the dialog or message (whatever would be there) doesn't display anything.

Here is a screenshot of the only error related thing I see: http://d.pr/i/cGOL

-- I've just uploaded a live version of my site for a tech to look at a different issue. You're welcome to look at this problem, if that is something WPMU offers or allows. I get the same problem no matter what.

Thanks for responding.

• Noahj Champion

Hi @PC.

I just finished talking with Host Gator. Turns out those things weren't enabled. They are activated now and I still get the same error problem.

I will check tomorrow because for some reason I think maybe these things were only activated for a specific domain and not all domains, because I was hoping that would be the fix.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Thanks for posting back.

I don't think it should impact the localhost however its best to check the things live.

Is that okay if I can have a closer look on any live test site you have got ?

You can send the admin login details via our contact form marking it to my attention.

Please use "I have a different question" while filling up the form.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

I just tested it and found that its not an issue with your account as it does not work with my account as well.

So its gotta be something else.

Can you please check for a plugin conflict using the attached screenshot

Disable all other plugins, switch to default theme and try installing a plugin via the Dashboard plugin,

If that does not work either, then it's the host blocking the get requests.

Please advise if you checked with them already.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• Noahj Champion

Hey PC.

It's seems to be a plugin (I didn't think it would be, but...) I deactivated all plugins and tried installing plugins through the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin and everything installed/activated smoothly.

I will take some time this week to go through my plugin set up one by one and find which plugin is interfering and update you.

Thanks for your help.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

You are most certainly welcome @Noahj

I will be around to hear your test results on which plugin it was so that I can alert our lead developer and we can avoid these kind of issues in future :slight_smile:

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey @Noahj

Thanks for posting back and letting me know.

I am now going to test it on my lab site on a fresh install and see if that breaks for me too.

Once tested I will report it to our lead developer to see if there is an issue we can fix or its something that the WPBakery developers have to fix.

I will report once I have finished testing.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• Noahj Champion

@PC, No problem and thanks. Look forward to hearing back with your results.

I also want to note that my Visual Composer is via a theme purchase. I only say that because I'm not sure if buying Visual Composer "individually" comes with some license activation via their server, that may defeat this case. Just a thought, I'm not a guru on that.

Thanks again.

• Noahj Champion

@PC no problem. I appreciate your help. It will be great to just install from the dashboard in the near future, ha. I haven't done it in awhile. It felt good to actually figure out part of the problem and start installing from the dashboard just to test it. Of course though, I can't do it on a live site because disabling Visual Composer will turn the website all crazy since all my contents are created with it.

Take care, thanks again.

• Noahj Champion

UPDATE:
    @PC, I have noticed that Visual Composer can not be deactivated and it also automatically activates when it is uploaded (without manually activating it).

Any tips on fixing/checking that (which leads me to think this problem is with Visual Composer)?

Thanks.

• Noahj Champion

@Aaron

1. The question mark and hovering over it doesn't show anything. In my 3rd comment down you can see a screenshot of where I showed all I can see.

2. Is there anywhere I can upload my error log to? It is really big for some reason and looks like it's the same error over and over again. It is 2mb. For the most part I think it is repeating this:

[07-Jul-2013 22:40:26 America/Chicago] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: magickwand: Unable to initialize module
    Module compiled with module API=20060613
    PHP    compiled with module API=20090626
    These options need to match
     in Unknown on line 0
    [07-Jul-2013 22:40:26 America/Chicago] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: imagick: Unable to initialize module
     in Unknown on line 0
    [07-Jul-2013 22:40:26 America/Chicago] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: PDO: Unable to initialize module
     in Unknown on line 0
    [07-Jul-2013 22:40:26 America/Chicago] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: pdo_sqlite: Unable to initialize module
     in Unknown on line 0
    [07-Jul-2013 22:40:26 America/Chicago] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/sqlite.so' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/sqlite.so: undefined symbol: third_arg_force_ref in Unknown on line 0
    [07-Jul-2013 22:40:26 America/Chicago] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: pdo_mysql: Unable to initialize module
     in Unknown on line 0
    [07-Jul-2013 22:40:26 America/Chicago] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: SourceGuardian: Unable to initialize module
     in Unknown on line 0

3. I'm not exactly sure what to do to show my error log. I turned on debugging in wp.config.php to true, but I also read maybe I should add the lines below to my wp-config.php? Please let me know about the lines below if I need to add them so I can do so and report the error log again.

@ini_set('log_errors','On');
    @ini_set('display_errors','Off');
    @ini_set('error_log','/home/example.com/logs/php_error.log');

--- UPDATED: I added those other lines of code and I get the same error log details.

Thanks.

• Noahj Champion

@Aaron I'm not familiar with this. You're going to have to break it down for me on how to do this. I try to research much as I can to avoid useless minute forum posting that a simple search would fix, plus so I can learn myself as well.

When it comes to generating these errors and where to find them, I don't know where to begin. If you tell me, I do know how to go about it Wordpress.

Are the errors I posted above nothing?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.