WPMU DEV Dashboard isn't showing up?

Well 3.1 was working. I deactivated it, then deleted it (like the instructions said). I uploaded with 3.1.1 zip within wordpress press and I hit the network activate button. It looks like it activated fine but the option to get to the dashboard never shows up.

Help?

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Heya,

I have tested the same on my lab site and this is what I have followed to update the plugin.

1: Deactivated it.
    2: Downloaded the latest version and unzipped it
    3: Uploaded it in wp-content/plugins folder and replaced the old folder wpmudev-updates

Reactivated the plugin and everything was fine.

Seems like that in this case you have got locked out by deleting the plugin and re-installing that

For fixing it, please take a backup of your wp-config.php file and then open it in text editor and Place these just above the following line:

/* That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */
    define(“WPMUDEV_LIMIT_TO_USER”, “X?); – Where X is the unique identification number of the user id.. i.e. 1,2 etc.

I hope this helps. Please lemme know how it goes.

Cheers
    PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Here is the easiest way to find out the user id

Go to Posts >> All posts >> Hover mouse over the author name (In this case the admin account you want the Dev dashboard to show up for and note the ID as per the screenshot

Cheers
    PC

• Stealthfiction
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi, got some more info for you.

I have an Actual Admin account, which i typically don't use as my site is based around real users. And I have MY account with Full admin rights.

On a hunch I happened to log out of my regular account and log into the orginal Admin account low and behold the dashboard was there. I don't really like having to switch back and forth and I'm able to access network admin and install other plugins network wide with my normal account with admin rights.

Does that help?

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Stealthfiction,

Thanks for the info.

I would like to point out that for the security of your API key, by default the Dashboard is only available to the default admin account (the one used to install it).

If you want the dashboard to be visible on your normal account (Which has admin access) then you will need to add that account manually as I have mentioned above.

Please lemme know if you need my help in getting that setup.

Cheers
    PC

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Stealthfiction,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.