WPMU Dev dashboard login fails - SSL:CA certificate

Whilst attempting to login to the WPMU dev dashboard after installing it I receive this message:
-----------------
Your server had a problem connecting to WPMU DEV: "SSL: CA certificate set, but certificate verification is disabled" Please try again.

If this problem continues, please contact your host with this error message and ask:

"Is php on my server properly configured to be able to contact https://premium.wpmudev.org/wdp-un.php with a GET HTTP request via fsockopen or CURL?"
-----------------

After searching the topic, I can see that it has been posted by several other users however, I have not yet been able to find a solution for the problem after trying all the suggestions.

I am running LAMP locally on OSX Yosemite.
See attached php.info

Curl is enabled v. 7.37.1

The following set in /etc/php.ini
CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER=FALSE

Does anybody have a fix for this?

Cheers....

• Ash

Hello @Thomas Sarkisian

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

How are you running LAMP in OSx? Using virtual box? Or you are using mamp?

Would you please make sure you have openSSL enabled in your server?

Or, please try to put the following line in wp-config.php before the "That's all" message:

define( 'WPMUDEV_CUSTOM_API_SERVER', 'https://premium.wpmudev.org/' );

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers
    Ash

• Thomas Sarkisian

Dear Ash,
    Sorry for the incorrect acronym, but no I am not running MAMP. I am running AMP via OSX, not sure if it should be called U(nix)AMP or A(pple)AMP - OSX is after all Unix.

None the less, you suggestion worked perfectly!

When I searched this issue prior to posting for help, there were literally thousands of hits. I think I eventually got it down to 3,xxx but still - that is allot of sifting for a frequent question that could have easily been listed in a FAQ. I am not the only person who had this problem, but I did not find a solution on any of the threads I viewed. Perhaps a FAQ would help allot of uses.

Again, thank you very much for your assistance Ash!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.