WPMU Dev Dashboard login

I’ve installed the WPMU Dev Dashboard plugin on another site, (5th so far) but I can’t login to get the API key.

Is it a different username and password to the ones I use to login here?

I’ve been through the password reset process, but it still won’t let me login to get the API Key.

• elpino
    • The Crimson Coder

Greetings bengardiner and welcome to the WPMU forums. Sorry to hear about the trouble you are having setting up this plugin.

Thats a really weird behavior only monthly users have a 5 WPMU Dev Dashboard limit since you have a elite account you should be able to install 100, did you use the link bellow the login information that appears that login form is for making a new account, you gotta click a link bellow, to login and get api. other than that cant help any more in this issue, hope this helps.

Lets see if @aecnu or @timothy or @brian can step in and help with this issue.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings bengardiner,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

Please double check the API Key in the problem site and make sure that during a copy and paste that an empty space was not added to the key and if that does not do it then we need to figure out what is different between the working installations and the non working installation.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• bengardiner
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Joe

I can’t see a field to enter the API key directly. All I get is a login screen and for some reason this particular site returns “Your API Key was invalid. Please try again.”

Is there a way I can enter the API directly?

Cheers

Ben

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Ben,

You cannot entire it directly that I am aware of but have you updated the WPMU DEV Dashboard to version 3.2.4 which was released sometime yesterday?

If not please do so at your earliest convenience and let us know how it works out and if that now does the job for you.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• bengardiner
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Tom

Thanks for keeping in touch on this issue.

I’ve updated to the latest version of the plugin, and now get this message when I try to login at this site:

“Your server had a problem connecting to WPMU DEV. Please try again.

If this problem continues, please contact your host and ask:

“Is php on my server properly configured to be able to contact https://premium.wpmudev.org/wdp-un.php with a GET HTTP request via fsockopen or CURL?”

So I guess it’s a hosting issue, but the strange thing is I haven’t had any problem with other sites at the same host (Hostgator) or another host.

Ben

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Ben,

Thank you for your additional input and lets get down to the brass tacks about Host Gator and there shared server configuration.

Attached below please find the phpinfo.zip file which you can extract on your computer, upload via FTP to the root of your hosting account and then call it up in your browser using something like http://yourdomain.com/phpinfo.php

Once that is done search the screen for curl installation like the one that is shown in my screen shot below.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hello, hope you’re well.

Just following up on some threads here and noted that we’ve not heard from you in a while.

If you’re still looking for some assistance on this thread then please by all means reopen it or create a fresh thread for any new questions.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.