WPMU DEV Dashboard needs to show known WPMU DEV PROBLEMS

Too many times there will be a known wpmudev bug to some support people, but not to other support people....and this known bug is not being let known to people who are using the plugin, or about to install the plugin...this is what I call madness and poor judgement. For some reason the lack of transparency is not being handled right. I have a VERY elegant solution that should be prioritized to save 1000s of wasted hours debugging instable sites and saving downtime and resources.

Here is my solution:

USER INTERFACE:
1. In the dashboard on each plugin popup have a known issues feed for the plugin so that all staff and users can see the issue and decide if they can be okay with the known issue or not and have a solution.

2. Because wpmudev dashboard knows the plugins and versions that are installed with the site, they can collate all the known issues into one feed in the dashboard giving the network manager of the site a heads up of where there are issues with the current set of wpmudev installed on that network
(PLEASE REVIEW THE SCREEN SHOTS I HAVE CREATED)

INTERNALLY
A maintained database of versions and plugin of the known issues for the plugin. The database would include: threat level (critical, minor, known conflict), description of issue, solutions/workarounds to issue, version number, plugin.

What do you say guys? How awesome would this be to customers, the support staff, AND the company. This is what databases and computers were made for...efficiency.

THOUGHTS on getting this going into effect...this week?

• Vaughan

Hi Ben,

Hope you're well?

Thanks for the feedback & suggestions, all I can do is add these to the feature requests for the developers to look into & hopefully consider in a future release.

I can't say if we could do this or not, we use ASANA to track our bugs and tasks, so implementing something like this might not be as simple as it sounds. But i'll pass this info to the devs either way.

Cheers

• Ben

I can't say if we could do this or not, we use ASANA to track our bugs and tasks, so implementing something like this might not be as simple as it sounds.

The issue here is communication with your clients...if wpmudev knows the contact form on an update is broken...a user of the template would be aware of that and be able decide how to proceed....right now a user has to find out for themselves perhaps after many customers have tried to use the contact form and given up...this is a must...or there needs to be some weekly update sent out. Most other plugins have the wordpress known issues area, or github has a public bug tracking system.

I believe what I propose is an even better solution and very easy to implement.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.