wpmu dev dashboard no longer in left menu

After migrating this site, the WPMU Dev Dashboard is no longer in left menu, tried re-installing, still no dashboard. Thoughts as to why this it's not showing up?

• pixeldreamer
    • New Recruit

It's a totally vanilla WP install ... no multisite, no buddypress. I've done hundred of these migrations—have had issues here and there before but never this particular issue. My process is to export the database manually via command line, search and replace all references to the old url with the new url, re-import it into the new database, change the wp-config database creds, reupload everything to the new hosting and I'm done. I should mention everything else on the site is working fine, this is the only issue. Thanks for your time.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

Any chance you've changed the account or the account ID?

WPMU DEV locks into the userID of the person who activates that.

This can be changed though with a define() like:

For one user:

define(‘WPMUDEV_LIMIT_TO_USER’, ’1');

Or enter a comma separated list for multiple users. They are all user IDs:

define(‘WPMUDEV_LIMIT_TO_USER’, '1, 10');

So if it's installed and active then this should lock it into a specific userID.

Would be worth a try to see if it then shows up.

Please let me know how that goes.

Take care.

• ddarby
    • New Recruit

I had the same problem, but when adding the above define, it still didn't work.

Fortunately I was editing in Dreamweaver which showed me a format error. I don't know the difference or what it is, maybe an ascii/html thing, but the paste from above inserted single curly quotes instead of the straight single tick quotes. When I fixed those manually, it worked and the menu now shows for both users.

define( 'WPMUDEV_LIMIT_TO_USER', '1, 10' );

Would be nice if this just worked for any Super Admins to avoid editing the wp-config and trying to remember edits.

Thanks!

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Would be nice if this just worked for any Super Admins to avoid editing the wp-config and trying to remember edits.

It use to but we got so many complaints, people hated it doing that and requested we went this way, so we obliged.

Thanks for confirming it now works for you.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.