WPMU DEV dashboard partially working

All of a sudden some of the entries in my WPMU DEV dashboard are not working. For example, only this one "support" is working of all 7 menu options, and I have noticed sometimes "settings" in Snapshots is a hit or a miss.

What happens is ~ I click on the link, the page resets and there's either a white or gray space in the main panel where the content should be.

Is this a connectivity issue perhaps?

Terence.

  • Alexander

    HI @Terence,

    I've not heard of this particular issue before. Would you be able to post a screenshot? It could be a connectivity problem. Has anything in the site's environment changed recently? (new server perhaps?)

    What concerns me is that you have issues with Snapshot. This plugin runs directly on your server.

    Can you please enable debug mode? This can be done by opening your wp-config.php file and changing

    define('WP_DEBUG', false);
    to
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);

    This would likely give us some valuable information on figuring this out. If you get any error messages, let mw know.

    Best regards

  • Terence

    Thanks for the advice.

    In the end I found the problem simply by scrolling my mouse wheel. It was something in MP6 which decided to take a dislike to WPMU DEV admin panel after a 3 or 4 days of playing nicely.

    It pushed the center page content panel down below the bottom of the screen, so I couldn't see it. Very odd. I'll go report that over at the MP6 support forum too.

    It turns out Snapshot was the same issue.

    But having switched on debugging I am seeing one error although I am not sure I can do much about it.

    "Notice: load_plugin_textdomain was called with an argument that is deprecated since version 2.7 with no alternative available. in /var/www/xxxxxxxx/htdocs/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2927"

    This is what I see at 2927... line #66 below.

    /**
     * Marks a function argument as deprecated and informs when it has been used.
     *
     * This function is to be used whenever a deprecated function argument is used.
     * Before this function is called, the argument must be checked for whether it was
     * used by comparing it to its default value or evaluating whether it is empty.
     * For example:
     * <code>
     * if ( !empty($deprecated) )
     * 	_deprecated_argument( __FUNCTION__, '3.0' );
     * </code>
     *
     * There is a hook deprecated_argument_run that will be called that can be used
     * to get the backtrace up to what file and function used the deprecated
     * argument.
     *
     * The current behavior is to trigger a user error if WP_DEBUG is true.
     *
     * @package WordPress
     * @subpackage Debug
     * @since 3.0.0
     * @access private
     *
     * @uses do_action() Calls 'deprecated_argument_run' and passes the function name, a message on the change,
     *   and the version in which the argument was deprecated.
     * @uses apply_filters() Calls 'deprecated_argument_trigger_error' and expects boolean value of true to do
     *   trigger or false to not trigger error.
     *
     * @param string $function The function that was called
     * @param string $version The version of WordPress that deprecated the argument used
     * @param string $message Optional. A message regarding the change.
     */
    function _deprecated_argument( $function, $version, $message = null ) {
    
    	do_action( 'deprecated_argument_run', $function, $message, $version );
    
    	// Allow plugin to filter the output error trigger
    	if ( WP_DEBUG && apply_filters( 'deprecated_argument_trigger_error', true ) ) {
    		if ( ! is_null( $message ) )
    			trigger_error( sprintf( __('%1$s was called with an argument that is <strong>deprecated</strong> since version %2$s! %3$s'), $function, $version, $message ) );
    		else
    			trigger_error( sprintf( __('%1$s was called with an argument that is <strong>deprecated</strong> since version %2$s with no alternative available.'), $function, $version ) );
    	}
    }

    Terence.

  • Alexander

    Hi @Terence,

    Thanks for the update! Good to see you have it working. That notice should be ok for now. It means that one of the plugins on your site isn't pulling in the translation file with the correct arguments. It really only applies if you're translating your site, and if you don't get a warning or other error (it's just a notice) the function was able to make do without the additional information.

    Thanks for being a WPMU DEV member. Let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
    Best regards,

  • Alexander

    Oh, I'm sorry for the consfusion, and that it's not working yet.

    MP6 is an experimental plugin, so we won't be making updates to be compatible with it. Once any of those features are rolled into Wordpress core, we'll make sure all of our stuff is compatible. But for now, MP6 really shouldn't be used for anything on a production level.

    I'll mark this as resolved for the time being as it's an MP6 conflict.

    Thanks for being a WPMU DEV member. Let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
    Best regards,

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.