[WPMU DEV Dashboard] Problems with Custom Sidebars for Pages

Hi
I want to apply a Custom Sidebar to pages, but this also applies it to the Home Page, which I don't want.
When I edit that page to manually change that, it directs me to edit the setting in Custom Sidebars, selecting a specific Home Page option. However when I do so it doesn't work. Can you have a try please?
thanks, Neil.

• Dimitris

Hello there Neil McEvoy

In order to include all pages but exclude the homepage, you should remove all "Sidebar Location" rules from your custom sidebar and manually select the sidebar location for the pages you need via the edit page screen.

Another workaround would have been to create two custom sidebars, select "For all Single Entries matching selected criteria -> As Sidebar for selected Post Types -> Pages" for all pages and "For Archives -> Archive Types -> As Sidebar for selected Archive Types -> Front Page" for homepage. This seems that doesn't work well though, as Pages are overriding Front Page. I've already created a report to our devs about this, hopefully it will be fixed in a future release. If there's any hotfix that we could share before that, will do so here.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.