WPMU DEV Dashboard taking my site down

Two days in a row my site has become inaccessible (can't login, can't make dashboard changes). The problem has been tracked down to WPMU DEV Dashboard. I have had to force deactivate of the Dashboard to gain access to the site. Looking at the WPMU management page I see only my dev site listed, not my main site, presumably because the WPMU DEV Dashboard is deactivated? There are updates waiting. I'm not sure what's going on here. A licensing problem (I updates on my main site not my dev site)? Whatever the problem I would not expect it to hang my website.
With the plugin deactivated the site is working, but I presumably can't get the updates. Suggestions?
Thanks

• Paul

Some additional info. I thought that I had two updates pending (the Dashboard itself and Automessage, per your dashboard) but these have already been applied to the main site (the updates rev level matches already installed plugins on the main site). So apparently what ever is causing the dashboard to hang the website is not due to the need to updated these two plugins since everything is up to date. However WPMU DEV Dashboard is the cause.
    Let me know.

• Dimitris

Hey there Paul,

hope you're doing good and thanks for reaching us! :slight_smile:

Looking at the WPMU management page I see only my dev site listed, not my main site, presumably because the WPMU DEV Dashboard is deactivated?

That's true, our Dashboard plugin is what connect your website(s) with our services.

Two days in a row my site has become inaccessible (can't login, can't make dashboard changes). The problem has been tracked down to WPMU DEV Dashboard. I have had to force deactivate of the Dashboard to gain access to the site.

Have you noticed any error message specifically? Please advise!

Could you please try to deactivate remaining plugins, revert to a default theme like TwentySeventeen and try to install WPMUDEV Dashboard plugin once more?
    Here's a quick how-to page
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/installing-the-wpmu-dev-dashboard-plugin/

If this continues, we should enable some debug information. Could you please access your server through FTP, edit the wp-config.php file, find a line like
    define('WP_DEBUG', false);
    and replace it with the following (if the above line doesn’t exist, simply insert next snippet just above the /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */ comment)

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    // Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
    // Disable display of errors and warnings
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    @ini_set('display_errors', 0);

Then go ahead and try to replicate the error by installing our Dashboard plugin. By doing so, a /wp-content/debug.log file should be created. Simply download it, rename it to debug.txt and attach it here in your next reply.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.