[WPMU DEV Dashboard] Using Hustle etc. - How to build an 'ebook pop page'?

Hi
As you can see, my current attempt at an 'ebook promo page' is pretty crude: http://cloudmigration.guide.

I'm about to try out all the various WPMUDev social marketing tools (Hustle etc.) and improving this page seems an ideal starting point.
My ideal scenario is i) some kind of page that pops when you visit it, but it's still part of the site, and then ii) you have to share the link / subscribe to access the download, etc.

What tools should I consider using and how to achieve this scenario .. any help much appreciated..
cheers, Neil.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hi Neil McEvoy

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I think I'd definitely start with our Hustle :slight_smile:

You can create popups, slide-ins and "embeds" (which can be used as widgets and/or shortcodes or automatically injected "after content" to posts/pages). There's also a variety of "display conditions" options that can be set for them so that would let you target your visitors more precisely.

The main power of such solution is that you may integrate it with a number of mailing providers (e.g. MailChimp, Aweber, ActivCampaign, ConstantContact, our own e-Newsletter plugin and many other services) so that way you can put your "promotional content" on site with Hustle and if you set such mailing service to send a download link to your ebook (or even a PDF directly) it would work fully automatically:

- a visitor comes to your site
    - sees a popup/slide-in/widget etc
    - subscribes to your mailing list
    - gets your e-book.

In my opinion that would handle the "subscribe for a book" part nicely.

As for "sharing a link". Do you mean this to be an "alternative to subscribing" (so within the same "module" visitor can either e.g. share/like on social platform or subscribe) or to be handled separately as yet another option (e.g. in other places of the site)?

Best regards,
    Adam

• Neil McEvoy

Hi Adam
    Great, that all sounds ideal, I'll give it a try.
    To answer your question I simply mean 'share to download', ie you tweet xyz link to unlock the download.
    I have other plugins like 'Social Locker' (https://codecanyon.net/item/social-locker-for-wordpress/3667715) that do this - my goal is I'm moving to Membership2, so I'd like an integrated suite, ie when you subscribe to download you sign up for that M2 level.
    cheers Neil.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Neil,

With Hustle you can set your subscription confirmation message in popup to show download link, so when someone subscribes it will not just show "You have successfully subscribed" but something like "Thank you for subscribing, you can download your eBook here: URL".

We do have "Pay with a like" plugin that allows you to protect part of the content that would be unlocked after tweeting/liking it.

Note that Membership 2 doesn't have this kind of functionality, it can protect the content only based on the membership, and if the visitor is registered or not, meaning it can't protect it with social sharing but rather depends on your users being registered members.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Neil McEvoy

Hi Pedrag

So this is what I mean about all the different WPMUDev modules, and being a bit confused about them. For example this one seems to offer this functionality:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/pay-with-a-like/

There are also others, like 'Floating Social', 'Social Marketing', and others. They all seem to do a piece of the jigsaw but not the whole thing, so wondering if there's any kind of combination recipe.. ?

cheers Neil.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Neil,

Hustle is a fairly new plugin, to say so, and it's kinda a combination of Pop-up pro, Slide-in and Floating Social, at the moment, there will probably more things be added in future, hopefully, "Pay with a like" as well :slight_smile:

There's not exactly a "combination recipe" as it depends on how exactly you want everything to look.
    "Pay with a like" protects selected content and can it be used to protect download link in the content.
    "Social Marketing" on the other hand shows like a promotion in the content where you place it and it will show like popup where you can get the download URL from.

So you can add "Social Marketing" in Hustle popup and show it there, or you can try with "Pay with a like" if you want to protect download link directly somewhere in content.

Hope I managed to clear it up a bit and didn't actually complicated it even further :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.