As you can see from our account, i have your dashboard installed on several sites.
Each and every week, one or more of those sites throws an error like this:
[29-Jul-2019 04:20:22 UTC] [WPMUDEV API Error] 126.96.36.199 | cURL error 28: Operation timed out after 15001 milliseconds with 0 bytes received ((unknown URL) )
Before you ask:
– This happens randomly, on various weekdays and hours.
– This happens across absolutely all sites and servers.
– All sites are running the latest versions of WordPress and all plugins/themes.
– Aside from this, the sites and dashboard work well.
– Automatic Updates and SSO are both disabled on your dashboard. There's no reason why your plugin should be trying to contact any server – including yours.
– This isn't something we can simply ignore. It has been going on for months – possibly more than a year – and has been increasingly interfering with our maintenance routines.
– We can't give you direct access to our sites/servers, but we will gladly answer any questions or send you any required data.
We would appreciate it if you could look into this ASAP.
(on behalf of Matt Raad)