[WPMU DEV Dashboard] WPMUDEV Dashboard plugin not compatible with PHP 7.0

Hi! I wanted to give you a heads-up and ask that you investigate and/or resolve this issue:
My web host had to downgrade my account's PHP from 7.0 back to PHP 5.6 because certain plugin(s) are not compatible. When I ran a compatibility check on my themes/plugins, the WPMUDEV Dashboard plugin was flagged! Here are the results so you can address them:

FOUND 1 ERROR AND 4 WARNINGS AFFECTING 5 LINES
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
77 | ERROR | Extension 'mysql_' is deprecated since PHP 5.5 and removed since PHP 7.0; Use mysqli instead
304 | WARNING | Function name "__render_list" is discouraged; PHP has reserved all method names with a double underscore prefix for future use
325 | WARNING | Function name "__error_reporting" is discouraged; PHP has reserved all method names with a double underscore prefix for future use
367 | WARNING | Function name "__value_format" is discouraged; PHP has reserved all method names with a double underscore prefix for future use
381 | WARNING | Function name "__const_format" is discouraged; PHP has reserved all method names with a double underscore prefix for future use

--- Thank you!!

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Justin,

WPMU DEV Dashboard is compatible with PHP 7, 7.1 and 7.2. It is also compatible with older version of PHP like 5.4, 5.6 - hence there is code specific to that older versions.
    We can't use only functions specific to PHP 7 and above because then plugin will crash on servers with lower PHP. And those servers are very very popular.
    Compatibility checker does not check for backward compatibility - so that is why it alerts those lines. But that does not mean that plugin is not compatible with newer versions of PHP (it, I'm using it on PHP 7.2 right now).

Let me know if you have more questions.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.