WPMU Dev Domain Mapping Plugin with Quick Chat

My issue is that I am trying to use the Quick Chat plugin on a multisite install with domain mapping installed. It works fine for sites without domain mapping configured, but does not work for mapped domains. Any ideas?

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @glocare

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I wasn't aware of a issue with domain mapping and our chat plugin https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wordpress-chat-plugin/ I will double check that with our developers for you.

How do you have domain mapping set up? Is the admin area mapped as well as the front-end? As it needs to be for ajax request otherwise Chat won't work, if you could post a screenshot of your settings that would be great.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• glocare
    • Flash Drive

Hi there @Code Monkey

I appreciate your response. Well I was actually not referring to your chat plugin, but rather to the "Quick Chat" plugin. However, your advice about setting the admin area to being mapped seemed to help, as it made the chat show up, but still had some issues. However, doing this caused the admin dashboard on the mapped domains to be inaccessible when logging in through the root domain. This may be because remote login will not work if the admin areas are mapped?

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @glocare

I hope that you are well today, first of all I'd like to apologize about my extreme delay with this reply, I missed your previous post.

Sorry, that was my bad! I see your using an old version of domain mapping, could you update please and then see if the admin area works and is accessible please? When you say remote login, via a desktop or something else? It works if accessed directly?

Please advise.

Thank you, again sorry about the extreme delay.

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.