WPMU-DEV-FACEBOOK: Deprecated Constructor

Hi WPMU DEV

again deprecated constructors this time in Ultimate facebook plugin

[21-Oct-2016 09:22:57 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; Wdfb_WidgetAlbums has a deprecated constructor in /_path_/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-facebook/lib/class_wdfb_widget_albums.php on line 6

[21-Oct-2016 09:22:57 UTC] PHP Deprecated:  Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; Wdfb_WidgetEvents has a deprecated constructor in /_path_/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-facebook/lib/class_wdfb_widget_events.php on line 6

Could you please in form the developer of the plugin to release a working and cleaner version Thanks

Andi

Sajid

Hello Andi,

Hope you are doing good today!

Yes, I could replicate this issue on my own test site as. I am marking it as confirmed bug and notifying the developer so it could be patched up in future version of this plugin.

Meanwhile, I suggest you to turn off error reporting by replacing following define in wp-config.php file:
    define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

With:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

The above code will still log the errors in /wp-content/debug.log file but would not display on screen. Which is recommended on live sites for security reasons.

Thanks for bringing into our attention and have a nice day

Best Regards,
    Sajid