WPMU DEV is not allowing my web site to function correctlty

Hi

I just joined up for a trial with WPMU DEV , i have installed it on my web site http://www.blackeaglecoffeemachine.com.au when i go to use my administration section of my web site i now get this error when i try to edit a page

This page isn’t working
blackeaglecoffeemachine.com.au is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500

When i deactivate WPMU DEV the site works correctlty

• James Morris

Hello Peter Walker,

I hope you are well today.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing these issues. What you are describing is due to a plugin conflict. What's happening is there is another plugin on your site that is conflicting with WPMU DEV Dashboard and causing a 500 Internal Server Error.

What you will need to do to resolve this issue is perform a plugin conflict test. The simplest way to perform a plugin conflict test:
    * Login to your site via FTP
    * Navigate to wp-content
    * Rename the plugins folder to _plugins
    * Create a new folder named plugins
    * Move the plugin folder (ex: wpmudev-updates) you want to test from _plugins to plugins
    * Then, one at a time, move other plugin folders over from _plugins to plugins until the symptom returns

NOTE: While you are doing this, do not visit WP Admin -> Plugins on your site. This will ensure that your plugins remain active when you copy them back over.

Through this process you'll be able to determine which plugin is conflicting with WPMU DEV Dashboard. Most often, it's a plugin that is older, or doesn't follow WordPress plugin best practices.

Also, please check which version of PHP is installed on your server. While we do our best to maintain compatibility with older versions of PHP, it's recommended that you run a current, stable version (at present 5.6 is the minimum recommended).

I'm looking forward to the results from your tests.

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.