WPMU DEV Plugin with WP Multisite

Hi,

I consider myself a medium Wordpress user (as opposed to beginner and advanced), and I've been using Wordpress for few years. I also have a multisite Wordpress account that I have used before to create several websites for myself. Now, I'm considering to start building Wordpress sites for customers. I went ahead and subscribed today to your yearly WPMU DEV plan, where it says that I can have access to many plugins, themes and other stuff and services offered through this program, such as 24/7 support... Anyway, my concern is, what would be the best way to start this kind of service (creating wordpress sites for customers)? If I use my wordpress multisite account to create websites for other people who are going to pay me, what should be done in regards to domain names, directories and all that stuff? How would I deliver the clients' sites from my multisite account to their own domain?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

• Milan

Hi @Eddy,

I hope you are having a good day.. :slight_smile:

First of all I would like to welcome you to wpmudev. :slight_smile:

Creating website for your customers and letting them pay for you was very difficult prior to our plugin PRO SITES.

But now with pro sites you can create network site like wordpress.com or edublogs.org. You can offer premium upgrades to customers. You can allow users on your network with a basic account and invite them to upgrade for ad-free blogging, expert 24/7 support and top shelf products.

There are many possibilities out there with our pro-sites. I suggest you to go with it if you really want to provide granular facilities to your customers from site creation to site upgrades. One of our member jenni mckinnon has wrote an explanatory article explaining how user like you benifited by pro-site you can read her blog here.

Now for you domain mapping problem we have DOMAIN MAPPING plugin for you. :slight_smile:

Domain Mapping is only full-service mapping plugin for Multisite, from basic mapping to resale and mapping as a premium service. And good news for you is that our Domain Mapping plugins works very well with Pro Sites. So you don't need to worry about too much how you can integrate these two legends. :slight_smile:

So here is conclusion.. Pro sites will let your customers create sites for specific trial period ( if you want to let your customer enjoy trial then and only then ). You can offer them many services which they can subscribe to. Domain mapping plugins will take headache of mapping domains of customers sites to ease of use.

I hope this helps you.

Please let me know @Eddy if there is anything else I can help you with. :slight_smile:

Enjoy wpmudev.

Warmest Regards,
    Milan Savaliya
    Support Staff ( WPMUDEV )

• Milan

Hi @Eddy,

I hope you are doing awesome. :slight_smile:

As a wpmudev member and subscriber you will definitely got our support for our products which you are using on your domains. We do not provide support of our member's themes and plugins as we are not fully aware of it. But if you are using our plugins and themes yes we do provide you an awesome support.. :slight_smile:

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with dear @Eddy. :slight_smile:

Enjoy Wpmudev.

Regards,
    Milan Savaliya
    Support Staff ( WPMUDEV ).

• Milan

Hi @Eddy,

I hope you had a good day. :slight_smile:

I am glad that I helped you with your concern.

I am not sure that I did clarify myself in my last post about your support related question. So just for better communication I would like to tell you it one more time with more simple way. :slight_smile:

In the case of your customer we do not provide support to theme as they are not our member. :slight_smile:

I hope this will clear some confusion about my last post. (If you didn't already get what I wanted to tell you in my post. :slight_smile: )

Warmest Regards,
    Milan..

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.