WPMU DEV plugins are not updating.

When trying to update the plugins from Installed Plugins, seeing a message" update failed". When updating plugins from the WPMU DEV > plugins, error shows up that the plugin is running on the latest version. So far:
- All plugins where deactivated
- API key was reset
- The site's IP is not blacklisted
- Debug.log is not created
- Updating from the Dashboard - Updates says that the plugin was updated successfully, but is still running an old version

• Jayman Pandya
    • Recruit

Hi Mel,

I was able to replicate the issue on your site. I will escalate this to our development team. They will check this and get back to us with the solution.

Please bear with us as the response times of Development team is longer than the First Level Support.

Thank you for your patience.

Jayman

• Jayman Pandya
    • Recruit

Hi Mel,

The development team has got back to me. They need some log entries from your server. Could you add following lines in your wp-config.php and try updating the plugins.

define( 'WPMUDEV_API_DEBUG', true );
    define( 'WPMUDEV_API_DEBUG_ALL', true );

If the plugin update fails, this will create the a log file in wp-content folder. Please change the file extension of the log file to .txt and share it with us to assist you further in this. If the log file is too big to be attached to the forum, you can use any third party service like PasteBin or Dropbox to share it with us.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Thank you
    Jayman

• Mel Farmer
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi,

I did as you said but it didnt give any useful error messages as the same error message is appearing in the backend. It says its the latest version of the plugin but its still on the old version.

[13-Sep-2018 15:41:14 UTC] WPMU DEV Upgrader error: UPG.09 - The plugin is at the latest version..
    [13-Sep-2018 15:41:14 UTC] [WPMUDEV API] Skipped sync due to unchanged local data.
    [13-Sep-2018 15:44:54 UTC] [WPMUDEV API] Skipped sync due to unchanged local data.
    [13-Sep-2018 15:45:11 UTC] [WPMUDEV API] Skipped sync due to unchanged local data.

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there Mel Farmer

As our developers haven't confront this issue before, we'll need to further troubleshoot it.
    Bests guesses are a plugin conflict (especially a premium one with its own updater), an object cache issue, or API issues. In order to better test this without messing with live site, is it possible to create a staging environment for us? Meaning a complete and exact copy of the reported website into another location/folder in the same server, using the a separate database. If so, please share with us some access details. As this is public forum, you must send us your details through our safe contact form
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question
    using this template:

Subject: "Attn: Dimitris"

Access details of staging site:
    - WordPress admin (login url/username/password)
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password/path of site in question)
    - cPanel/Plesk credentials (host/username/password)
    - link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

Keep in mind the subject line as ensures that it gets assigned to me.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there Mel Farmer,

hope you're doing well today and I really appreciate the email with the staging site access credentials! :slight_smile:

I just went ahead and deactivated all plugins apart from the WPMUDEV ones, I activated a default theme and then I was able to update the WPMUDEV Dashboard plugin without any issue.

This means that another plugin or theme was affecting this. In order to narrow this down, could you please start enabling the remaining plugins and theme, one by one this time, and every time try to update a plugin until you recreate the initial issue.

If you need more out-dated plugins to finish this test, then you can go in a product page here in our site, then click on the "Changelog" link and it will also bring you a "download" button for all older versions.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.