[WPMU DEV SEO] How to enable Per-blog mode… instructions?

There's a new feature to control which tabs are shown to admins of WP Network/Multisite sub-sites in WPMU DEV SEO version 1.2.x. However, I haven't been able to find anything in the documentation about it.

Can anyone tell me more about (or update the WPMU DEV SEO use instructions) how to enable per-blog mode, and how it works?

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hi,

Actually, the plugin had the option of working site-wide or per-blog for a while already. The new addition allows you to select which tabs in settings will be accessible to your admins once you switch to the per-blog mode.

You can toggle between these two modes by setting a “WDS_SITEWIDE” define to false. The best place to do this is in your wp-config.php file, because it won’t be overwritten by updates. So, this would be the basic workflow:

1) While in site-wide (default) mode, make your selection of which tabs you wish to allow your admins to change.

2) Once you’re done with that, open your wp-config.php and add in this line of code:

define( 'WDS_SITEWIDE', false );

3) Instead in network area, the plugin settings pages will appear in site admin area of each blog.

Any settings in tabs you mark as inaccessible should be inherited sitewide, but everything your site admins can control should be site-specific.

• asimetrick
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi.

I’m new here, so maybe I missed former discussions on this topic. Sorry if it’s the case.

This feature is great, but why such a “hard” toggle with a constant in wp-config.php? Why not a site option in the network admin page so we can continue adjusting inherited settings without changing twice the config files each time we need to perform this use case?

Thanks.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya asimetrick,

We actually have another plugin here that has such an option. The issue here is that if we make it an on/off toggle an admin may toggle it make changes and forget to change it back – the next time you make a change you could wipe out all your sub-sites’ settings.

So we made it an option so that when you are saving any changes, you are given the opportunity to dictate whether it applies to the entire network or sitewide – with it always defaulting to preserve individual site settings – but this also confuses folks:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/ultimate-facebook-settings-network-options-override-individual-blog-settings-not-working-unchecks-on-save-developer-input-needed#post-115088

Anyway, you’re suggestion is noted and it’s something we can look into. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your feedback.

• Kieran
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

HI

I have just added define( ‘WDS_SITEWIDE’, true ); to my config and am getting the below in all admin pages:

mktime(): You should be using the time() function instead in /wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-seo/wds-files/wds-seomoz/class-seomozapi.php on line 37

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$fmrp in /wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-seo/wds-files/wds-seomoz/wds-seomoz-dashboard-widget.php on line 41

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$fmrr in /wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-seo/wds-files/wds-seomoz/wds-seomoz-dashboard-widget.php on line 41

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$umrp in /wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-seo/wds-files/wds-seomoz/wds-seomoz-dashboard-widget.php on line 58

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$umrr in /wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-seo/wds-files/wds-seomoz/wds-seomoz-dashboard-widget.php on line 58

I have to run with debug on and this makes the plugin unusable at present

Thanks

Kieran

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.