WPMU DEV SEO not appearing on network sites

Installed DEV SEO. Network activated on main site, shows up fine under Settings. However, not visible on any network sites. Other plugins (for instance, the similar Google Analytics for Wordpress plugin) all work fine and are visible on network sites.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi warpsmith and welcome to WPMU DEV!

As wpcdn was mentioning, the SEO metabox settings (the settings that show on individual post/page editing screens) would only be visible to user roles specified in the Network Admin > Settings > WPMU DEV SEO settings page.

We've just updated our installation page to reflect that somewhat recent addition to the plugin:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-dev-seo/installation/

Could you let us know if that's the settings you're looking for, or is the entire settings menu not available to those sub-site admins?

Thanks,
    David

• warpsmith
    • New Recruit

David,

Thanks for the reply. Was briefly a member before, happy to be back!

The plugin is suitably installed and network activated on the WP 3.1.2 site. Here's a copy/paste (yes, not a screenshot, but the same info):

WPMU DEV SEO
    Network Deactivate
    Every SEO option that a site requires, in one easy bundle.

Version 1.0.9.6 | By Ulrich Sossou (Incsub) | Visit plugin site
    Select WPMU DEV Update Notifications
    WPMU DEV Update Notifications
    Network Deactivate
    Notifies the Admin or Super Admin of available updates for WPMU DEV plugins and themes, new releases, and special member only offers. Allows auto-upgrades of supported themes/plugins. Required to be installed to use WPMU DEV products.

Version 2.1 | By Aaron Edwards (Incsub) | Visit plugin site

But, on any of the network sites (including the main site), even though the plugin has been network activated, it does not show in the list of plugins (below is copy/paste of the last two active plugins):

WordPress Hit Counter
    Deactivate
    Displays an odometer hit counter on your blog, simple and easy to configure. Visit Settings->Hit Counter after activating.

Version 2.3 | By Gary-adam Shannon | Visit plugin site
    Select WPMU Custom CSS
    WPMU Custom CSS
    Deactivate
    WPMU Custom CSS is a plugin for wordpress mu that helps bloggers to change their theme style securely. Just like wordpress.com custom css paid upgrade.

Version 1.06 | By Hassan Jahangiry | Visit plugin site

• wpcdn
    • Syntax Hero

I believe that, if you network activate it and you set it so that sub-site admins cannot see the controls, this is the normal behavior. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

The big question is whether the SEO metaboxes show up on the post editing page.

Mark

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi warpsmith,

As Mark was getting at, the SEO plugin wouldn't show in the plugins list once network activated, but would be administered from the Network Admin page on a multisite.

The SEO metaboxes would show on your post/page editing screens based on how you configure it there.

Cheers,
    David

• wpcdn
    • Syntax Hero

Are there any plans to give sub-site admins a way to view the SEOmoz metrics for their main site/home page? I still think it's incomplete to show that information for each post/page, but not for the main site or home page...and I'm sure users are going to ask about that if we roll this out.

Thanks,

Mark

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

@Mark, you're right, that does make perfect sense. If there's a thread where that's been requested I'll be happy to ask the developers to take a look at it again. If not, I'll be just as happy to mention it to them if you'd like to create one.

@warpsmith, my thought has been that it's been done this way in favor of trying to keep sub-site users from getting confused with SEO options, relying instead on the Super Admin to have everything perfectly configured for them.

We can explore that issue as well if you'd like to create a feature suggestion thread on it.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/forum/feature-suggestions

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.