WPMU DEV Videos - Text Editor formatting icons gone

Hello,

When I activate the WPMU DEV Videos plugin, all of the toolbar icons on the Text editor (Visual is fine) are missing. Screenshot: http://awesomescreenshot.com/0e611v40fb

When I deactivate the plugin, everything is fine. Using the latest version of the plugin 1.2.

Thank you - Scott

• aecnu

Greetings Scott,

Thank you for bringing this item to our attention but after looking at your screen shot I could not see where you are specifically referring to i.e. posts etc.

In addition, I cannot replicate the issue as shown in my screen shot below.

Therefore this might also be a three way conflict.

Now I believe it is time to go into full blown trouble shooting mode because it appears there may be some conflict there and one way to find out conclusively.

Standard plugin trouble shooting protocol - first to switch to the Twenty Eleven theme just long enough to check for the problem - if the problem still exists next involves deactivating all plugins except the plugin in question and then see if the issue still exists.

If it does not, then you want to activate plugins one at a time testing in between to see if the issue returns. Even when you find one plugin, it may be in your interest to deactivate the problem plugin and continue testing the rest of the plugins to insure no others are also conflicting.

You will know the conflict when the issue returns and which plugin(s) you activated that cause the issue.

Please advise if there are any plugin conflicts and if so what the plugins are that are conflicting.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings Scott,

Thank you for letting us know and this certainly presents a significant problem if you are unable to properly troubleshoot issues within your WordPress installation and almost every internet entity at one time or another must go down for maintenance.

With that said here is an htaccess code for you that will allow you to put in your own IP and block all other IP's sending them to a maintenance screen of your own design:

RewriteEngine on
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/maintenance.html$
    RewriteCond %{REMOTE_ADDR} !^123\.123\.123\.123
    RewriteRule $ /maintenance.html [R=302,L]

Replace “/maintenance.html” with any page you want and put your own IP address on third line.

Forward --> So what is the diagnosis from the other troubleshooting steps?

What have you decided to do to address the issue?

Did you find what is causing this phenomenon?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings Scott,

Thank you for the additional input and clarification but i have done everything within my power to try to help you determine the reason for this issue.

It's not that I can't take my store offline, it's that this issue doesn't warrant it.

Then what do you want from us, to address an issue that we cannot replicate - no issue case closed.

The cause of the issue is still unknown.

It appears that it will indeed remain so due to the issue not being replicable and your not willing to drill into it - so it appears.

In any event, thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.