WPMU downed site... again

Hi There,

I recently had an issue when installing WP Smush It Pro downing my site because and older version was installed on my Wordpress installation.

It has happened again but where last time I was able to rectify the issue by deleting the plugin this time it has not worked and my site is down.

Can someone provide some support please - that would be great.

Cheers,

Cam

Milan

Hello Cameron ,

Hope you are well today and thanks for asking us.

I am able to load your site's front end. Is issue in your bakcend ? What errors are you seeing when you try to load your site, ? If you can attach screenshot of it would be great for us to debug further.

If you are still not sure what is downing your site, please do following.

#1) Summarise error information as much as you can in your next post.
    #2) Send in your ftp credentials to me by following below instructions.

==> Go to our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

==> Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me

==> Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Milan Savaliya"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Once we have this information then I can debug the issue further
    Look forward to hearing back!
    Regards,
    Milan

Adam Czajczyk

Hello Cam!

Thank you for letting us know about it.

Since you removed the plugin, there'd be not much we could investigate so I'm not sure why that happened. Having that said, I'd like to ask you - in case anything like that happened again - to make sure that you noted down all the possible errors/warnings that could possibly come up and if possible make screenshots and share them with us along with detailed description of what had exactly happened.

It would make a very valuable feedback for us and would help us improve our plugins. We don't won't such issues to be happening under any circumstances!

Best regards,
    Adam

Cameron

Hi Adam,

I don't know if this helps but there were several issues I noted, not just with WPMU plugins but elsewhere on this particular client site.

When I first installed WPMU Dashboard it wouldn't pull through any of my account information and simply displayed a blank avatar and name. Following the installation and activation of numerous WPMU plugins I received an internal 500 error from within the dashboard. When I had finally installed Smush Pro it downed. In back tracking the issue like the last time it happened I deleted Smush Pro - this didn't work. It wasn't until I had deleted all WPMU plugins that the site returned. It's important to note I had not altered any settings on individual plugins, I had simply installed and activated them.

I don't know if this relates to above but I then had another issue with the media library. It wouldn't display at all (just the loading logo indefinitely). After some investigation I deleted resizeboxes.php in an mu-plugin folder (this is a single site installation) which resolved the media library issues.

I have not yet tried to reinstall any WPMU plugins. Would you like me to retry to see if I have any problems again?

Cheers,

Cam

Predrag Dubajic

Hi Cam,

Trying to install plugins again would help but before you start doing that could you please enable debug log on your site so it catches all the errors that happen during this process and we should know from there what happened.

You can enable debug log in your wp-config.php by replacing define('WP_DEBUG', false); with this code:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);

// Disable display of errors and warnings
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

Start installing plugins and this should create debug.log file in your wp-content folder if any errors do happen.
    Can you please save it as .txt file and attach it here so we can check it out.

Best regards,
    Predrag