WPMU Errors in PHP

when I click on the plugins options in the wordpress dashboard for WPMU I get this error

Warning: fopen(/home/velocjb2/public_html/thegalleryfitness.co.nz/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-seo/wp-seo.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/velocjb2/public_html/thegalleryfitness.co.nz/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4848

Warning: fread() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/velocjb2/public_html/thegalleryfitness.co.nz/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4851

Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/velocjb2/public_html/thegalleryfitness.co.nz/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4854

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Rod

I hope you're well today!

The warning points to the Yoast SEO plugin. I admit I'm not exactly sure why it's showing on that specific page but it's related to this plugin. There's been some issues with Yoast updates in the past but they shouldn't be relevant anymore.

I noticed that you currently have both our SmartCrawl and Yoast active on site and I'd suggest deciding on one of them only as they both working at the same time might actually "override" some of their functions/features and that can cause some unexpected issues (also related to SEO). However, the warning that you're getting would require a bit different treatments:

1. try updating Yoast manualy via FTP to make sure that all it's files are there (as it's possible that something went wrong during recent update). Here's a handy guide on manual updates:

https://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/how-to-manually-update-wordpress-plugins-via-ftp/

2. if that doesn't remove the warning, a full conflict test would be a fundamental step:

- disable all the plugins except Yoast and WPMU DEV Dashboard and switch the site to Twenty Seventeen theme;
    - if the issue is gone, switch the theme back to the current one;
    - if the issue shows up, it's a conflict with a theme
    - if it's still gone, start enabling plugins back one by one each time checking and the last one enabled before the issue happens again would be the source of the conflict.

Then, depending on test results we could decide what steps should be taken next to fix that so let me know please about test results.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.