WPMU Importer Error

Hi.
I tries to import a xml file to one of my wordpress childsite.
Everytime I tries to import a xml file, I have tried different xml files.. Wordpress imports the same content everytime.
I get some yootheme demo content and a theme I haved use a long time ago.

Any ideas?

/Invertic

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Invertic,

Have you looked at the xml file to ensure it's exporting everything or even the correct info? Perhaps try renaming it something off-hand when saving to make sure there is no mixup with an old file.

When you click the button below WordPress will create an XML file for you to save to your computer.

This format, which we call WordPress eXtended RSS or WXR, will contain your posts, pages, comments, custom fields, categories, and tags.

Strange that it is importing themes, there is no mention of that on the exporter.

• Invertic
    • Flash Drive

I Will try that later.
    I have used yoothemes entreprenad QuickStart and everytime i import an XML file i get a new blog that looks like the QuickStart.

I hopp we find domen answer soon. Tomorrow i Will try to login with à different user to see if that helps :slight_smile:

/Invertic

• Invertic
    • Flash Drive

I have tried to import on different themes, I import on a child site thats have twenty eleven as theme.
    After that it changes to another theme, but I just get a blank site because I have ereased that site. I also get the quickstart content.

• Invertic
    • Flash Drive

I have installed yootheme - Enterprise with the demo setup. I delete all demo posts, pages, cats, tags and I am trying to import posts,categories,etc from my old blog. The import runs, gives me a successful message with no error. But when I go to posts,pages I see the demo content is fully restored and none of my imported stuff is there.

Any ideas why is it happening? Is that a permission issue or I need to disable/enable some theme settings?

I have also noticed that it is not only the content that is reset. All WP settings revert back to the default demo state: widgets I changed, general wp settings all back to demo.

• Invertic
    • Flash Drive

Tried to deactivate all, the same results. I will take my time on sunday or monday to check my database and see if any table contains the enterprise theme, try to delete it all in the database.
    I locked in my database before and saw the posts in my database from the old quickstart, I will try to erease all of that and try then.

Have a nice weekend :slight_smile:

/Invertic

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.