WPMU Keeps logging me out

Ive been running WPMUDEV dashboard for years
now as of today he keeps logging me out
saying connection is not secure - is this a know issue?
I have a secure HTTPS admin
please help ASAP - Im going nuts with this

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello robertvideo,

I'm sorry for the confusion on my side - you wrote that it is "saying connection is not secure " so I assumed that you see this type of error message, so I wanted to see exact what is says.
    That paddlock means that you are not logged in. It is not about secure connection.

We have reports from couple of members, thet they can't login to some sites, but they show specific error message - I want to check if your site would have the same problem so this is why I asked for testing version 4.2 (in that version issues is gone). if that version also is not working there could be plugin conflict. Please run a quick plugin conflict test as illustrated in getting support manual (flowchart). Let me know how it goes.
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

if that will not give positive results please enable debug log and try logging in again. To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.

I would need then to see content of the debug.log file - so please upload it to service like a Dropbox and paste link here.

kind regards
    Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello robertvideo,

I'm sorry for the confusion on my side - you wrote that it is "saying connection is not secure " so I assumed that you see this type of error message, so I wanted to see exact what is says.
    That paddlock means that you are not logged in. It is not about secure connection.

We have reports from couple of members, thet they can't login to some sites, but they show specific error message - I want to check if your site would have the same problem so this is why I asked for testing version 4.2 (in that version issues is gone). if that version also is not working there could be plugin conflict. Please run a quick plugin conflict test as illustrated in getting support manual (flowchart). Let me know how it goes.
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

if that will not give positive results please enable debug log and try logging in again. To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.

I would need then to see content of the debug.log file - so please upload it to service like a Dropbox and paste link here.

kind regards
    Kasia

• robertvideo
      • The Incredible Code Injector

very ODD I see that my website wordpresstestdrive.com is no longer listed in MY WEBSITES in my admin on https://premium.wpmudev.org
      Very very strange this was one of the first sites I added many years ago
      this is what the ERROR login says and YES O have an HTTPS SSL CERT on my website server and domain name
      [07-Apr-2017 02:41:50 UTC] building domain list for multisite...
      [07-Apr-2017 02:41:51 UTC] ** Detecting configuration **
      [07-Apr-2017 02:41:51 UTC] plugin version: 2.5.11
      [07-Apr-2017 02:41:51 UTC] Already on SSL, start detecting configuration
      [07-Apr-2017 02:41:51 UTC] ssl type: SERVER-HTTPS-ON
      [07-Apr-2017 02:41:51 UTC] ssl not enabled, show notice
      [07-Apr-2017 02:41:54 UTC] building domain list for multisite...
      [07-Apr-2017 02:41:54 UTC] ** Detecting configuration **
      [07-Apr-2017 02:41:54 UTC] plugin version: 2.5.11
      [07-Apr-2017 02:41:54 UTC] Already on SSL, start detecting configuration
      [07-Apr-2017 02:41:54 UTC] ssl type: SERVER-HTTPS-ON
      [07-Apr-2017 02:41:54 UTC] ssl not enabled, show notice
      [07-Apr-2017 02:41:57 UTC] [WPMUDEV API Error] 4.3 | The provided domain and api_key are not registered. (https://premium.wpmudev.org/api/dashboard/v1/revoke-access [401])
      [07-Apr-2017 02:41:58 UTC] building domain list for multisite...
      [07-Apr-2017 02:41:58 UTC] ** Detecting configuration **
      [07-Apr-2017 02:41:58 UTC] plugin version: 2.5.11
      [07-Apr-2017 02:41:58 UTC] Already on SSL, start detecting configuration
      [07-Apr-2017 02:41:58 UTC] ssl type: SERVER-HTTPS-ON
      [07-Apr-2017 02:41:58 UTC] ssl not enabled, show notice
      [07-Apr-2017 02:43:03 UTC] building domain list for multisite...
      [07-Apr-2017 02:43:03 UTC] ** Detecting configuration **
      [07-Apr-2017 02:43:03 UTC] plugin version: 2.5.11
      [07-Apr-2017 02:43:03 UTC] Already on SSL, start detecting configuration
      [07-Apr-2017 02:43:03 UTC] ssl type: SERVER-HTTPS-ON
      [07-Apr-2017 02:43:03 UTC] ssl not enabled, show notice

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello robertvideo,

I'm terribly sorry for the delay on my side. Could you check now if you can login now? I noticed that your site was registered here in Previously Registered Sites section. That could be a reason, I just released the site now, please try it again and let me know if it works this time or not.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• robertvideo

am I ever going to get a resolution or hear back from someone that can actually help me
      its been days since a response - not a very good way to treat a paying customer
      If I ignored my over 57,000 students Id be OUT OF BUSINESS
      if you cant help - please point me to someone who can
      Respectfully
      Robert

• robertvideo

What is going on with your system?
      My one domain name URL was working 100% for about 3 hours
      and then it logged me out again
      What do I have to do to get help?
      its been days and no reply from your support team
      this is getting out of hand
      please respond?
      PS: All my other 60 plus URL accounts work 100% but not this one

• robertvideo

look this is really getting out of hand - why wont someone reply
      my website with the issue was working again for a few hours and now its not
      If I cant get someone to reply I will cancel my membership ASAP
      this is really bad customer service guys

• robertvideo

for over a week you have wasted my time
    and its costing me money daily
    NO 100% NOT It still has a padlock on it
    I have over 65 websites with your dashboard plugin working
    This is the first I set up years ago and it started locking me out over a week OK
    and still not solution
    Im quite sure Im not the only one having this issue
    when can I expect a solution

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi robertvideo,

[07-Apr-2017 02:41:57 UTC] [WPMUDEV API Error] 4.3 | The provided domain and api_key are not registered. (https://premium.wpmudev.org/api/dashboard/v1/revoke-access [401])

Sorry for keeping this thread long, since I don't see you mention about resetting the key, could you please try resetting the API Key located in your Hubs Account page, and check whether that helps:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/hub/account/

Please do note that resetting the key will log you out from other websites where WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin is installed, you'll have to re-login again.

If you have already tried that, and still have issues. Please send us your credentials so that we could give a closer look. You can send credentials by using our secure contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

- To Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Nithin Ramdas
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi robertvideo,

So sorry for the inconvenience you are having. I do apologize for the delay from our end. We always try to reply to older threads first. But every time you put a reply, your thread becomes a fresh new one and goes down below in the queue. That's why this delay happened. But I'm personally subscribing to this thread and will try to make sure that this type of delay doesn't happen again.

Now, regarding your problem, I tried to check your site configuration with your given credentials. But it was showing me that my IP is blocked. This is really surprising. Because this is the first attempt to login to your site with proper credentials. So I didn't enter any wrong credentials, didn't try couple of times with wrong credentials - the first try showed me that my IP got blocked.

This is really weird and this made me think, is there any chance that your security plugin is blocking any connection/request to WPMU DEV server and that's why you are getting logged out?

I totally understand that turning off a security plugin is not a good idea in any way, but can you at least go through all the security settings of that plugin and try to find out if there is any specific settings which might block the communication between your site and our WPMU DEV servers?

Please let us know what you find. I know that it's already been long since you posted this thread, but from this point, we will try to make sure that you get response from us in the shortest possible time.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Rupok
        • Support Ninja

Hi robertvideo,

Thanks a lot for your reply. At this point, I really don't need the FTP credentials. Simply deactivate your security plugin for a day and check if you get logged out again or not. If not, then this is clearly your security plugin causing this. But if you get logged out again, even after disabling that security plugin, then please let us know. We will call our SLS (Second Level Support) to investigate this further.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
        Rupok

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi robertvideo,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, unfortunately this seems to be an odd bug which only happens to specific systems. Could you please try the beta release provided in the following thread, and see whether it helps:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/account-locked-on-website#post-1237237

If you still have issues, please share the php error log in here as mentioned. If the BETA version doesn't work, you can revert back to the previous version of WPMU DEV Dashboard, ie v 4.2.1 until the bug is fixed.

Please do let us know how that goes, have a nice day ahead. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi robertvideo,

This is with regards to the chat conversation with Tyler. As he has already explained further about this specific issue, at the moment the workaround would be to switch to a previous version of WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin ie vi 4.2.1.

I checked your website, and I could see that you have already reverted back to 4.2.1. Please do check, and let us know if you still have issues with logging in.

I'm passing the debug.log files generated in your system, and I have escalated this thread to the developer so that he would give a closer look, and help get you sorted asap.

However, while checking your debug.log files, I was able to notice the following error:
    [26-Apr-2017 17:00:31 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 83 bytes) in /xx/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1841

The above error states that your website is having issues with low memory limit, would recommend to you increase your systems memory limit, in order to eliminate any memory issues.

To increase your memory limit, you'll have to create a php.ini file inside your root directory, and add the following rules to it:
    For eg:

upload_max_filesize = 256M
    post_max_size = 512M
    memory_limit = 1024M
    file_uploads = On
    max_execution_time = 180

If you aren't able to increase your memory limit, would recommend you to get in touch with your host, in order to increase these values.

Please check this link for more info:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/increase-memory-limit/

Will keep you posted, once we have an update from the developer regarding the issues with WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin asap. Have a nice day.

Best Regards,
    Nithin

• robertvideo

I changed plugin folder in current plugins and added most of them one by one so wpmu dashboard is working for now why were you guys not able to tell if there was a plugin conflict ? You are supposed to be the experts right? Very disappointed to deal with you guys for almost a month to in the end figure my own solution - not very happy - Tyler is the only one who has helped or at least tried - respectfully yours ROBERT
    Carpe diem - what a nightmare

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi robertvideo,

Sorry for the inconvenience due to this, the issue isn't a plugin conflict, it's a bug which only happens on specific server. The latest version works fine for majority of the members, and also with your other sites too. This is a bug that the developer is still working on at the moment, I have already shared your logs, and hopefully we'll be able to get this sorted asap.

Will keep you posted once we have an update regarding this issue asap. Have a nice weekend ahead, and sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.