WPMU + MarketPress + Membership - is it a good combination for a long-term running e-shopping mall?

WPMU + MarketPress + Membership - is it a good combination for a long-term running e-shopping mall?

Basically what I would like to achieve is some sort of Groupon functionality, but with the ability to assign Account managers (paid members) who will manage their own Areas (country, city or a State) - each state having it's own shops (multiple per area).

The thing is, I'm not sure marketpress + Membership are the best combinations to what I would like to achieve, mostly from structure perspective.

For example, if I am trying to create a jewelry mall and a user types in "san francisco neclases" - it would display all necklaces (all products) from San Francisco, from all the stores there (all wpmu sub-sites) - would that be possible?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings websww,

It certainly sounds possible but I am not sure why the membership plugin since you could manage the entire network using MultiSites.

Perhaps the Pro Sites plugin may be a better choice though your entire business model has not been explained.

With MultiSites and Pro Sites plugin I could see each manager being able to manage there own area (sub domain) and the users thereof - this would be the control module so to speak and the main site would link to them all.

This is one way I can see the flow working.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings websww,

I checked out what they have to say and I love how they say "bare bones template" - I would bet on that cookie cutter to pull a lot - not.

Anyway we do offer the tools here to certainly do this and much more. However, it is up to the member to decide how they want to execute the plan.

I still think the Pro Sites is by far the better choice for selling the stores to account managers as you have described you want to do.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• websww
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

right, pro sites it is then! The thing is, I've worked with all kinds of e-commerce plugins in the past, and the real question would be if marketpress could be "templetized" for quick cloning across sites? I noticed you also had the templates plugin

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings websww

Thank you for your feedback, it is appreciated.

It is a great feature suggestion to possibly have Market Press "Templetized" as you put it.

I will notify the lead developer of the feature request and move this to the feature request forum.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.