WPMU - Plugin Question

I was wanting to set up WPMU network with 50 sites

I have a few questions about plugins:
1. If I want plugins to be used on every website do I install in network admin plugins or the master site Plugins?
2. Will some plugins have errors if not installed in the master site or should all plugins work in the network plugins folder?

Thanks.

• Mark Wallace

Hi xochipelli!

1. If I want plugins to be used on every website do I install in network admin plugins or the master site Plugins?

Install them on the NetWork Admin option!

2. Will some plugins have errors if not installed in the master site or should all plugins work in the network plugins folder?

I installed gravit forms via the NetWork admin, and "NetWork" activated it, but i registered the API Key on a subsite, Now it will not let me register or update it in the NetWork admin.

I suggest you install all plugin and themes via the NetWork admin, and set what one can be used on what subsite.

This will help:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/pro-sites/

Be sure to read the details and usage tabs. This will save a lot of time and questions.

Thanks xochipelli!

• aecnu

Greetings xochipelli,

Thank you for these great questions and significant items to bring up.

All the plugins are loaded into the same place, what makes a difference is if you network activate them or site by site activate them.

If you network activate a plugin, it applies to every site in your network.

if you site activate it, it just applies to the given site you actiavted it within.

Answered above, they all reside in the same plugins folders as it is.

The majority of errors and problems members have with plugins is they upload the plugin, activate it, and then get errors testing it immediately and expect it to work without setting it up properly. i.e. Facebook errors - they did not get Facebook API, Market Press errors - they did not fill in a valid payment gateway etc.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.