WPMU plugin updates after wpmu membership expires

If you have installed WPMU plugins and your WPMU membership expires, do you still get the updates for all plugins you have installed in the future?

in short,
If my membership expires tomorrow, will I get updates on all the plugins still?

• 3SixtyEvolve

Hi bigt11

Welcome to WPMU DEV and thank you for being a member.

To answer your question, while being a member you can download as many plugins or themes as you wish and you can still install and use it after your membership expired. However, you won't be able to receive updates and will also not be able to post to the support forums. You would require an active API for this. Also, the Anti-Splog plugin will only work on an active API (active membership).

Let us know if you require support with any of our plugins or themes. We are here to assist and to make your journey into the world of WPMU as easy as possible :slight_smile:

Have a good day!

GinaB

• camparoo

Hi bigt11,
    I so don't want to tick off the folks here, as I do think wpmu-dev really rocks, but, until I subscribed as a 'pro' I had a lot of issues. When I wanted to download a new version of software that I had subscribed to, I was sent to a new pricing tier (to pay more cash), despite the fact that I was paid up in-full for that particular product at the time I sought to download the update. I attempted to update my plug-ins on my site, and it failed every single time.

It was endlessly frustrating, and I was quite annoyed about the whole thing. I did ask for a solution via this forum, and didn't get the info I needed. My solution? I sent all of my clients the link to this site and asked them to check out all of the available plug-ins and see if they were interested in the content here.

Almost all of my clients found something they wanted to add to their sites, and, combining everyone's contribution, they easily paid for my upgrade to 'Pro'. If you host multiple sites, I suggest you do the same.

I know the site should work correctly, where you can upgrade any particular plug-in during your paid time-period, (and, please, people who host this - take note that this is an issue!), but getting a full membership here was so such a great move, I am so no longer testy about all of the previous glitches,as they required me to stop screwing around and just commit.

If you host multiple sites, just do it. This really does pay for itself.

• 3SixtyEvolve

Hi camparoo

Firstly, before continuing, I would like to thank you for being a member of our Community and for your feedback. We are constantly striving to improve our services (plugins and themes) and we do this by listening to our Members and using their feedback and suggestions constructively. Yours are therefore highly appreciated!

I'm not sure whether membership structures changed since you became a member (I'm new to the Support Team), but I would like to clarify:

There are two types of membership packages available at WPMU DEV. You can either become a member with access to only one specific product (on a Monthly, Pro or Elite Package) or you can get the Full Membership access (on a Monthly, Pro or Elite Package).

But no matter what level you choose, every member forms an important part of our Community and we are 100% committed to making your membership experience the best possible.

With the Full Membership access you can download all plugins and themes available on the site. You can use these plugins and themes as many times as you wish, for as long as you wish, even after your membership expires (All code and markup is 100% GPL).

Support and upgrades are guaranteed to all of our members, regardless of whether you've got a Monthly, Pro or Elite membership package, for as long as your membership is active. It is only when your membership expires that you won't be able to get updates or new releases of our products.

Once again, thank you for being a member and please don't hesitate to be in touch should you need any assistance with our plugins or themes. We are gladly at your service :slight_smile:

Have a blessed day!

GinaB

• Mason

Hiya camparoo,

Just wanted to confirm everything GinaB's said in this thread. I took a look at your account and saw there was some confusion around which product was initially purchased and what that gave you access to.

We definitely are not attempting to frustrate/annoy folks into becoming Pro members (although we love pro members), but I hear ya that the actual process can be confusing for new folks. We have a plugin called 'membership' but we also encourage folks to get a full-access membership. That's confusing.

So, we're working on that, and a general overhaul to the way we display content and explain the various products and services we offer. Thanks for your feedback though. We're definitely glad you're able to make use of the products here and we hope that continues as long s you're building sites on WordPress!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.