wpmu pop ups in the cms confusing clients

Hi,

My clients are getting confused by the frequent popups that wpmu adds to the cms screens.

Today there was an alert that completely covered the cms screen telling them to upgrade something or other and the client thought the site had broken.

I have tried turning off the wpmu dashboard plugin but now there are new popups telling me to turn it back on.

I appreciate you want to promote your business but all these popups are having a negative effect on my clients and tbh I find them intrusive and overloud too. Somewtimes it seems like wpmu is trying to shout its brand over the whole cms.

As I only use Smush on most sites I may have to look for non wpmu alternatives.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello @wave design

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I admit that I'm a bit confused here. We're not adding any pop ups that would "cover the screen" to our plugns, nor the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin neither other ones. I can confirm that there are some notifications and/or banners that are being displayed on dashboard site but this occupy only a fraction of the page.

However, in case of WP Smush Pro you will need WPMU DEV Dashboard as Smush Pro is using our own servers and therefore requires access to API which can only be realized through WPMU DEV dashboard plugin in order to get all features working.

As for notifications itself. You should be able to hide them with addition of this CSS line:

.wpmu-message {display:none;}

To apply this to the admin dashboard you may want to add that rule through this plugin:

https://pl.wordpress.org/plugins/add-admin-css/

I hope that helps.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.